Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

How can I prevent my hair from being oily?

Alright well my hair is naturally really shiny, & by the end of the school- day I'm scared my side bangs look a little oily.

This is my routine :

-I shower the night before school

-Blow Dry hair

-Straighten hair

-Wake-up

-Then Straighten Hair more in morning.

Don't tell me not to straighten hair, because it looks like crap if I don't :/

I also use this "Aussie Shampoo that prevents oily hair" and I shower everyday, and I don't really use conditioner.

Also what are some ways to make my hair have more volume without using hairspray.

I guess I should start taking showers in the morning now, huh?

• Favorite Answer

dude IK HOW U FEEL so here's what worked for me:

okay, so, definitely instead of taking a shower the night BEFORE, take it in the morning, blowdry it straight, straighten.

or, if you still want to take a shower at night, do that, then just let it go, then when you wake up, (wet it if neccesarry so u dont have to take a shower but u can still blowdry it) straighten it.

to get your hair to have more volume, flip your hair upside-down when you blowdry it and blow it dry from underneath, like blowing it upward, so that will give it a lot more volume.

good luck!

• ~ME~

I don't have oily hair but when I wash my hair the night before and straighten it always looks kind of greasy by the end of the day. I've found that I have to wash in the morning and then straighten and it is much fresher throughout the day.

Shampoo every other day...shampooing too often strips your hair of natural oils. So then your scalp will produce more of them. Then your hair appears oilier.

It will be an adjustment for a couple weeks. But once you stop stripping your scalp, it will eventually stop producing excess amounts of oil.

there are several ways you can get volume in your hair;

you can blow-dry your hair upside down.

tease.

straighten your hair up (if that makes sense)

HOPE I HELPED

hmm thats weird. im not sure. maybe straighten your bangs or whatever your scared gets oily more so it drys it out? lol sorry idk.

mine? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200903...