I've been having zombie dreams..?

I've been having horribly terrifying dreams about zombies for well over a year now. I try and steer clear of zombie movies because I really don't want to have anything to do with them now. So now I'm deathly afraid of zombies. In all my dreams it's normally just me and sometimes maybe a friend or... show more I've been having horribly terrifying dreams about zombies for well over a year now. I try and steer clear of zombie movies because I really don't want to have anything to do with them now. So now I'm deathly afraid of zombies. In all my dreams it's normally just me and sometimes maybe a friend or family member are there, sometimes it's with random people I apparently knew in my dream but not in real life. In the dreams I'm always terrified out of my mind and running for my life. They always happen in different places though so what I do to try and protect myself and where I run to is always different. The zombies vary from slow to fast intelligent ones differently in every dream. Zombies scare me more than anything now because of these dreams which is ridiculous because they don't exist.. So far. I think there might be a chance at a biological warfare that turns us into zombies in the future.

I took about a 2 hour nap today and I literally went through about 5 different dreams with zombies. But this time all the dreams happened in the same place; some sort of city made of concrete with an intricate an confusing design, alomst like a maze. And I believe the sky was also paved over, which is different. It started out 'normal' I suppose. I was kinda on edge because I think I was expecting something like zombies. Like I was aware of the fact that I was in a dream almost. Then I remember talking to my softball coach about why I wasnt doing something right in softball enough to where one of our players whom I am more experienced than was being watched to play varsity. Then I kinda walked around almost waiting for somthing to happen when I remember a little girl was sitting on a ledge talking with a courageous firefighter who had just save her life. He was like her hero! Then I looked to my left and the city had one opening which was a high way. The sky wasnt paved over the highway. And there was a girl in a bloody dress standing there like she was analyzing something. Just as suddenly as I seen her I somehow knew she was a zombie and in that split second she ran forward full force into the city. Then many more of them were running on the highway into the city. So I ran the opposite direction and they were already all around the city tearing people apart and it was so terrifying! I ran by the little girl who was on the ledge again. Her hero was a zombie now. He was moving his jaw around in an unnatural way and had glowing yellow irises with decaying skin. But she was still looking at him smiling, just happy her 'best friend' was there. She didnt know what he was. And then he pounced on her an tore her limb from limb. I heard her screams as I ran by and suddenly I was being chased. I seen a closet door straight ahead and I ran into it. It was really small and dark and I was having a panic attack. Then suddenly it expanded and everything was glowing white and I starting arguing with myself. Something like 'Its a dream I'm in a dream! I just have to change it somehow!' And then everything started from the beginning and I tried to do something else to stay alive. For like 5 times it replayed.

Can anyone help me and tell me what this dream meant? It's irking me more than usual. And I really want to be freed of these horrifying dreams!