Why do hot dogs come in tins of 8 and the rolls come in packs of 6?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • J P
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

6 hot dogs for hot dogs, 2 extra hot dogs for doggy treats, so the puppy won't feel left out.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's a marketing ploy, so you will always need more of one or the other unless of course you buy 6 tins of dogs and 8 packs of rolls, then you can have 48 hotdogs!

• 1 decade ago

How did that get chosen best anwer?? The guy doesn't even know that hot dogs come in tins?? What a fool

• 1 decade ago

First, hot dogs don't come in tins - they come in packages. And, the packages vary from 4 in a pack of gourmet sausage to 10 in a pack of cheaper, garbage hot dogs. The buns usually come 8 to a package...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hmmm....here in the US, the hot dogs are packaged in packs of 10, and the rolls in packs of 8. I guess it is messed up everywhere!!!??

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

you need to purchase 3 packs of warm dogs and four packs of buns to get a appropriate selection, or you need to in common terms follow having extra left over yet i'm exceedingly advantageous the reason that numbers are off like it quite is cuz of sales... that's a approach... they know once you're insanely ocd like which you are going to constantly could desire to purchase 3 and four somewhat of one and one. a minimum of, it is my opinion i need to be very incorrect :P

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they aren't from the same brand i guess. some people make 8 and some make 6. they are two different things so they just decided it would be that way. im not really sure, these are one of those questions that would never be answered.

• 1 decade ago

Obviously it is a plot by the bread industry to make you buy more.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hey...where I go ..they come in 8 and so do the buns...

• 1 decade ago

IDK that's just the way it is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.