Not sure if i am getting over confident co sleeping?

Hey, i have a 7 week old baby (nearly 8) & i co sleep. I started out putting her on 1 side of my bed next to the wall on top of my covers & she would have her own set but i am getting more confident with her in bed with me & started putting her in my covers rather than on top & she won't fall asleep unless i am... show more Hey, i have a 7 week old baby (nearly 8) & i co sleep. I started out putting her on 1 side of my bed next to the wall on top of my covers & she would have her own set but i am getting more confident with her in bed with me & started putting her in my covers rather than on top & she won't fall asleep unless i am cuddling her, she has a cold at thee mo & i think she is very clingy because of this so won't fall asleep with out a cuddle why she has a cold. Is this wrong though?
Please note there is no need for rude answers if i knew this was a wrong thing to do i would not be asking so i am open to be told its wrong but not happy to receive abuse. Thankyouuuu : )
Update: p.s it is pretty cold here in the u.k and i do have my window open i tiny bit for air