what is the taylor swift song tim mcgraw about?

Favorite Answer

tim mcgraw... haha, no. i think it's about breaking up and she's hoping that he'll remember all the great times they had. or, if you want taylor's version:

"If anyone has heard this song and really listened to it, they realize it's not about Tim McGraw. It's about a relationship that I was in. Just to set the record straight, it wasn't with Tim McGraw. It was with this guy I was dating and he was about to go off to college and I was thinking about all the things that I knew would remind him of me. I didn't really think of Tim McGraw personally when I wrote this song. It was a song where I was listing personal things. One of things that I listed was that my favorite song is by Tim McGraw." Swift added: "The guy I wrote Tim McGraw about, I dated him for about a year and we are still friends, but we don't talk that much because his new girlfriend isn't too much of a fan. He really thought it was cool that, even though we weren't going out anymore, I remembered our relationship nicely. I think that he was happy that I didn't write 'Picture To Burn' about him, another song on my album."

from songfacts.com

hope it helps! :]

It is about a girl and a guy who fall in love one summer and she has to leave. She writes him a note talking about that one summer and she's hoping that every time he hears Tim McGraw he will think about her along with a bunch of other things.

Taylor swift said it was about this guy she was dating and he was going off to college, so she knew they were going to break up and she was thinking about the things she knew would remind him off her. She came up with the idea for the song in math class

taylor swift actually wrote it about this guy (a senior) that she dated throughout her freshman year and during that summer, but then he had to leave for college. she was thinking of things that would remind him of her, and thats how it was inspired. our song is also about him, and he is mentioned in fifteen.

Source(s): taylor swift biography.

about being in love over the summer breaking up at the beginning of fall and still having feelings for the guy and you want them to think about you when they hear the song you guys always listen too

it's about a girl and a guy who had an amazing summer relationship, but when fall came around, they lost the spark. in the song, taylor still really likes the guy, but the relationship is over, and in a cute, but selfish way we can relate to, she sings about how she hopes he still thinks about her.

She had a summer romace and then summer ended they said goodbyes and she wrote a song 'bout it!

• Tim

about a amazing relationshop