Lv 5
. asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How much money has the Federal Reserve given to their buddies, the incompetent bankers, behind the scenes?

and with Bush and Obama's approval?

Update:

Tired of Republican Lies : here's a source for ya

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/2679390...

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

More than 3 trillions.

The 700 billions was the authorized amount but the FED leveraged it and it is now almost 3 trillions.

Please support HR 1207 resolution to audit the Federal Reserve if you are an american that care for your nation.

• 3 years ago

It particularly would not benefit the banks, because it drives down their earnings margins, in spite of the shown fact that it does avert the gadget from collapsing. inner maximum-sector debt (which, via extension, potential funds) is being defaulted on, so if the Fed have been merely to stand via whilst the banks (who're admittedly corrupt and incompetent) failed, human beings might commence dropping their deposits - their decrease fee expenses and checking money owed. that is an financial and social disaster. this is counter-intuitive, however the financial regulations which persist with to a single man or woman or company become inverted for the finished financial gadget as quickly as we enter what's time-commemorated as a deflationary spiral (as we presently are). have confidence me, you do no longer choose for the Fed to cease propping up the banking gadget as all of those undesirable money owed are being liquidated. As regards China, it would not help us, as we'd be no longer able to guard any added capital from them, a minimum of no longer with out paying huge expenses of activity (the inflation top classification).

• 1 decade ago

It's who is in charge now (President Obama) that would be responsible for what the government is still doing. Bush is a thing of the past and the present writes the future.

• 1 decade ago

Freedom of Information requests about Federal Reserve activities have been met with reams of whited out pages.

Source(s): +
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Probably trillions. They have no proper oversight or transparency.

The Federal Reserve is the SOURCE of our economic problems.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Rolling Stone Magazine is notoriously Liberal. So I wouldn't use it as reliable source.

Anyway, Congressional over-site is what caused the financial meltdown we are experiencing.

And the same bozo's who started this mess are the same ones who claim they can fix it. Democrats along with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, etc etc are the ones who you should be leading to the gallows.

It's a damn shame people are being led to believe that it was bankers who are to blame. It's the same old Democratic crapola of diverting blame to someone else.

You all know full well that if this mess were in the laps of Republicans, the media and the Democrats would be all over it.

Edit: Love the thumbs down. These are people afraid of the truth. Well here it is. Read and weep:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes only the repubs lied. Get off the kool aid.

• 1 decade ago

Somewhere in the trillions of dollars. And you and I are paying for it.

• c.n.
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

How much did Bush and Cheney steal on their way out of office?

• 1 decade ago

I can't count that High, although I have Been that high.

Source(s): Bikerphilosopy
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.