Who will the 49ers draft now that they have OT-Marvel Smith?

Hes comming of a back injury and is kinda old. Do they go OT,Sanchez,or B.J. if B.J. is still there?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mark Sanchez, Quarterback, USC

Even though Shaun Hill has shown some flashes the past couple of years the jury is still very much out on whether he can be a championship quarterback in the NFL and it may be telling that Niners head coach Mike Singletary has refused to commit to him. Maybe San Francisco could get by with Hill and maybe they can’t but if Mark Sanchez is still on the board at #10 it would probably be a moot point. A local kid with the elite intangibles that Singletary covets, Sanchez has all the tools to be a great quarterback in the NFL and he is the type of guy you can build a team around both on as well as off the field. Mark Sanchez may have been born to be the face of this franchise. Sanchez only started 16 games in college, which is definitely a concern, but had he gone back to USC for another year he might have been the #1 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. The 49’ers desperately need a right tackle after leading the league in sacks allowed last year and they could use a pass rusher as well but if Sanchez is still available all bets are off and everything else will have to wait

• 1 decade ago

They won't go OT 1st round, maybe later if they are worried the slighest about Smith's back.

No to Sanchez, they have Huard, Hill and Smith, don't need another corner.

BJ Raji won't be there at 10.

I think they get an DE/OLB hybrid, someone like Aaron Maybin or Everette Brown, possible Orakpo (if he falls that far) to play OLB in their 3-4, they need a good pass rusher.

UNLESS they trust Parys Haralson, who had 8 sacks last year. If they believe he's not a one year wonder and can produce again. Then they may pick Vontae Davis because Walt Harris is an old man...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

B.J. won't be there, otherwise definitely go for him. I see them taking maybe an everette brown as an olb or maybe aaron maybin. They need some good DE's but maybin and brown aren't really big enough to play that in a 3-4 and no one else whos a first round DE has that massive size either. So I think an OLB makes sense or maybe even Mauluaga from USC because Spikes is notthat good anymore but i think OLB is a more pressing need.

• 1 decade ago

Dude Marvel Smith sucks they need a good pass rushing OLB like Aaron Maybin or Everrette Brown because Manny Lawson only had 5 sacks last season.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Either a skill position player like Maclin or a linebacker like Cushing.

• 1 decade ago

im a 49ers fan, but it wouldnt shock me if they picked up a qb that sucks like alex smith. what a disappointment haha

• 1 decade ago

I like Brian Orakpo OLB, but he might be gone before the 10th pick

• 1 decade ago

Jeremy Maclin would be a good choice. I think Singletary would still like Andre Smith though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

everette brown isnt a bad choice. they need to make up for the bust manny was (as a pass rusher)

or they can pick up a corner. one of their corners (i 4got his name) are getting old and nate clements can do it himself.

Source(s): I doubt B.j will be avalible...and sanches..nahhh they have hill who isnt so bad. jeremey macalain (idk how to spell his last name) is a good choice to because isaic bruce is getting superrr old.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mark Sanchez. Love this pick if he is there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.