Does anyone know a reliable unbiased sight about the current laws and court decisions regarding abortion?

I am doing a project on abortion and I need to talk about current laws and court decisions. I would like the site to be reliable and I'm having trouble finding it myself.

I am interested in laws concerning the United States. Especailly Ohio

• Mutt
    Favorite Answer

Laws vary from place to place. Some countries ban abortion, while other allow it. In the U.S., the states regulate it, and make the laws about things such as waiting periods, perental consent for minors, and so on. The only thing they cannot do is ban it.

For court cases, there have been many cases brought to the U.S. Supreme Court. Roe v. Wade was the big one, and others include Webster v. Reproductive Health Services, Planned Parenthood v. Casey, Stenberg v. Carhart, and Gonzales v. Carhart to name a few.

The German constitutional shape isn't like the US one in lots of procedures. related to abortion, the certainty in Germany has been for some years that particular states bypass their very own rules. Abortion interior the 1st trimester has been, in prepare, criminal; it would take a huge attempt to overturn state regulation interior the constitutional court docket because it somewhat is not an appellate court docket. After the reuinification of Germany in 1989, the two Germanies got here into conflict as East Germany had allowed abortion freely, because it replaced into area of the Soviet Union the place because of shortage of beginning administration abortion replaced into frequently used as a type of beginning administration. (Idealogues stay calm please; i'm no longer condoning this yet pointing out a certainty.) as we talk East and West stay divided over this perspective. a woman requiring an abortion interior the greater conservative factors of the previous Bundesrepublik Deutschland (West Germany) might interior the previous many times have travelled to Holland or Scandinavia quite than leap via any considered necessary hoops in her homestead state; as we talk she has the alternative of vacationing East to boot. So the previous Constitutional court docket selection replaced into actually made in a time whilst the government needed to inspire a greater robust birthrate; it additionally could have been impossible in prepare to enforce if a State government had desperate in a different way. although, a brilliant type of the States have had a somewhat conservative coverage on abortion in spite of everything.