How many bananas can you eat before you die?

I have heard many stories of people eating one too many bananas and ending up in a hospital or dead. I'm sure weight, age, health factors (ex. diabetes) will alter the results; however, I'm just curious about how many bananas are estimated to result in death to the average person.
Update: I read in the news a few days ago about a high school football team that ate bananas before their games to improve performance. However, several of the players ate too many before one game, 1 got really sick, 3 ended up in critical condition, and one died. I don't know how many they ate, but it couldn't... show more I read in the news a few days ago about a high school football team that ate bananas before their games to improve performance. However, several of the players ate too many before one game, 1 got really sick, 3 ended up in critical condition, and one died. I don't know how many they ate, but it couldn't have been that much since it was in one setting.