I have to kill the character in my story?

A girl falls in love with a guy, they guy has to die, that's how my story is going to go. She has to know he is dieing and i think cancer is too "a walk to remember"-ish. Is there another disease or something I can use to kill him? Or is there some other method? Please help!!!! =]

Favorite Answer

Hmm use something cliche like leukemia or Heart attack.

or..

Pnuemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoeconiosis

i think that's how it's spelled(7th grade)

lung disease

Cancer is the best slow-killer in a book. Its also very much used, so I see your reasoning.

You...could have heart disease. There are tons of those around. Um...You could have progressive brain damage, something along those lines. Where he's not dying, but he's ceasing to function properly.

Brain tumor. I like that one. I think I saw it in a movie before, like "The Miracle" or something. Its pretty famous, and I bawled at the end of it.

Or you could have like a war situation, where they both know he's going to die at some point, but not when exactly.

He got bitten by a venomous bug or something during a jungle trek he did a few months ago in South America. He's just found out, that the venom has slowly been destroying his organs. A transplant is impossible in his case, because one of the organs affected is his brain. He only has a couple of months to live, as one by one his organs will shut down and he finally loses his marbles from brain damage.

I don't know, make it up as you go along. I did.

Source(s): my imagination

i could say to kill the character or no longer relies upon on what could circulate the plot in direction of the ending, and which finally your readers to no longer point out the character could have confidence. i'm hoping you dealt with the subject of how a Preist is a father considering that they do no longer marry. Being Catholic i will in common terms assume that he grew to become a clergyman after his spouse's dying, or a divorce in the previous he grew to become Catholic.

I was going to say "car accident" but that's kinda cliche too...

How about the guy is addicted to some sort of drugs or alcohol he overdoes it at some point in the story and is dying from it? Suicide attempt? Gang related violence? (Sorry, this is the Social Worker in me coming out, lol) Being at the wrong place, wrong time during a robbery attempt?

i think he should die in the process of doing something for her, that would really open up the guilt drama pit of despair. maybe they had a big date planned that she had been building up to for so long, but she was late finishing at work and he had to pick up her dress from the cleaners, but on the way he gets killed. car accident, gets run down by a speeding bank robber... who knows, its your story! best of luck! :)

P.S. it would add more guilt if SHE asked him to do this thing for her. not HIM offering to do it!

Maybe he has some unidentified disease that slowly shuts down his heart...

hee. make it sci-fi. make the character say to her: my brain is being eated by a humango invisiable ailien that your human eyes cant see. but im supernatural-so i can. no honey, im not an ailien. but anyway its eating my brain slowly. and im going to die soon :D

• How about a brain tumor? Or a car crash

you could poison him, someone could order a hit on him, he could have epilepsy, he could drown, he could get hit by a truck, etc. be creative.

wow... i sound kind of demented listing ways a person could die....