Heather asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

Who/what are some historical events/people from Tennessee?

I'm doing a project for school & I'm really behind on this. I have to find (1 A tourist attraction (2 A natural resource (3 A historical person/event from Tennessee. I'm having alot of trouble finding (3 A historical person/event. Last region we had a group of 3 & we would each have our own part. No we all have to do 3 parts. I have 6 days to finish my poweroutline & do the rest in class. If you know any historical people/events that you know of please comment this post. Thanks!! :)

• June F
    Favorite Answer

For number 3 - Andrew Jackson, David Crockett, James K. Polk, Andrew Johnson, Al Gore, many Civil War battles took place in Tennessee, the Trail of Tears, Elvis Presley, the assassination of M.L. King, Chief Dragging Canoe, Nathan Bedford Forrest.

All My Exs stay in Texas- George Strait- "it is why I stay in Tennessee" Tennessee River Run- Darryl Worley i will Tennessee You in My desires- Tanya Tucker Tennessee Homesick Blues- Dolly Parton My Tennessee Mountain homestead- Dolly Parton Tennessee Whiskey- George Jones

Davy Crockett was from Tennessee; there's a restored version of the cabin where he was born near Limestone.

Johnny Cash.