I am diabetic can I get rid of my diabetes?

I am 17 and slighty over weight and had diabetes since I was 15. My doctors tell me if I lose weight I can get rid of my diabetes seeing as my body tpye can not take the extra wieght my body reacts in high blood pressure and high blood sugar. I have already lost like 5 lbs. But before when I lost weight , my blood... show more I am 17 and slighty over weight and had diabetes since I was 15. My doctors tell me if I lose weight I can get rid of my diabetes seeing as my body tpye can not take the extra wieght my body reacts in high blood pressure and high blood sugar. I have already lost like 5 lbs. But before when I lost weight , my blood sugars began to drop so I guess ...Is this true
Update: german shepard are you a doctor with a degree, I have consulted two pychisians who seem to think otherwise. I have type 2 not type 1. Yes there is no cure but like there is no cure for cancer people still get rid of it.