Name changing from SciFi to SyFy?

What does everyone think about the SciFi channel changing it's name to SyFy? Personally, I think it is stupid. But, Tim Brooks the TV historian who helped launch the SciFi channel says, The name SciFi has been associated with geeks and dysfunctional, antisocial boys in their basements with video games and... show more What does everyone think about the SciFi channel changing it's name to SyFy?

Personally, I think it is stupid. But, Tim Brooks the TV historian who helped launch the SciFi channel says, The name SciFi has been associated with geeks and dysfunctional, antisocial boys in their basements with video games and stuff like that, as opposed to the general public and the female audience in particular.

I just think they are going to lose a LOT of their audience with the switch. Plus, it doesn't help that the SciFi channel has some really stupid programs on there. They have a lot of reality shows...they are boring. Wrestling...give me a break. That's why we have TNT and the USA channel. Wrestling doesn't belong on SciFi. AniMonday. I like Anime...but Anime doesn't belong on SciFi either. That's why there's Adult Swim. I loved watching the SciFi channel cause it dealt with SciFi like: Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, The Sentinel, Invisible Man, Firefly, The X-Files, science fiction movies. But, now SciFi is going to other genres now. I think this is ridiculous and I wouldn't be surprised if they noticed that the amount of people watching has diminished. Personally I'll still watch SciFi because of the Ghost Hunters and soon Stargate Universe. But, I'm not happy with the change. Plus I even read that it will be easier for the younger generation to text: SciFi vs SyFy. Give me a break.