Gabz c asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

what human foods are poisonous to dogs, besides chocolate?

besides chocolate

Best Answer

human foods are dangerous to dog.

Check following points before taking any decision >>>>

1) Feeding pets food that we enjoy is not only wrong, it can also be fatal. There are some foodstuffs that humans relish which cause illness and death if eaten by pets.

2) Chocolate, macadamia nuts and onions are good examples. Each of these foods contains chemicals which rarely cause problems for humans, but for dogs, these same chemicals can be deadly.

3) Chocolate contains theobromine, a compound that is a cardiac stimulant and a diuretic.

4) Onions and garlic are other dangerous food ingredients that cause sickness in dogs, cats and also livestock. Onions and garlic contain the toxic ingredient thiosulphate. Onions are more of a danger.

Also, there are lots other Human foods that are highly poisonous to dog. It's my advice to give your dog nutritious & beneficial dog foods like >>> http://www.agritura.com/index.php/cat/c380_Dog-Foo...

Lots of human foods are good for dogs, but remember if it is unhealthy for us do not feed it to your dogs(ie fast food etc.)Humans foods are what make up dry kibble though the cooking process destroys many nutrients, not to mention dog kibble is full of bad by-products and preservatives(and a low standard of ingrediants). Lean meats and most vegetables are good for them. I advise researching this to avoid giving anything toxic. But here is a list of things I know are toxic.

Chocolate

Onions

Grapes

Raisins

Uncooked yeast

Macadamia nuts

Avocados

Walnuts

Xylitol ( found in candy and gum)

Garlic is supposed to have the same toxins found in onions though in a smaller amount. But in moderation is good for them. Though debatable I would discuss with your VET.

Tomatoes are ok but only in moderation ant definitely not tomatoe leaves.

I am sure I am Leaving something off.

Also, corn is not toxic but highly undigestable, which is why I can't understand dog food companies repeatably using it for filler. Liver is great for them, and full of vitamina a, but be careful not to give more than a few times a month.

Note: always research what you give your animals.

Grapes & Raisins

Alcoholic Beverages

Coffee

Macadamia Nuts

Onions

Salt

Yeast dough

Spoiled foods

Fatty foods

Avocado

Garlic

Acetaminophen (Tylenol)

Source(s): Veterinary Assistant

Lots of grapes is bad for them

apparently the us giving a dog a digestive biscuit is the same as us eating a whole cheeseburger !

There is a large variety of foods that are toxic to dogs! My source link will take you to a page of all (currently) known toxic items that a dog can injest (other than house plants).

Grapes and raisins

macadamia nuts

onions

avacado

pears

potatos

rhubarb leaves

moldy or spoiled foods

alcohol

yeast dough

caffeine(coffee grounds,beans,&tea)

Hops

tomatos(leaves&stem or green parts)

broccoli(large amounts)

ciggarettes,tobacco,and cigars

Xylitol(sweetener found in sugar-free gum)

Especially bad are: grapes,raisins,chocolate,Macadamia nuts,Xylitol ( an artificial sweetener)

Others: alcohol,apple core. cooked bones. caffeine,cheese,dough, fat,garlic, ham,liver,milk,moldy foods,mushrooms,onions,tuna

Pizzas. Beefburgers.

Here is a good link with a list of foods you should not feed your dog.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1659&a...

Source(s): Lifelong dog owner and breeder Horse owner and breeder

onions! but my dog loves them, weird