UC Davis or UC San Diego?

I was accepted into both, along with some other UCs, but these are my top choices. I'm having a hard time deciding which one to attend. UC Davis doesn't have my major, which is neuroscience, but they do have neurobiology. UC San Diego does have my major. UC Davis is about 2 hours from where I currently live and San Diego is around 9 hours away. If any of ya'lls have gone/are currently attending either of these school, could you tell me a little about your personal experience? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :]

• Zeta
    Favorite Answer

UC San Diego is better than UC Davies in almost every respect. It's got a top class faculty and is well regarded. Plus, it has your major. I think UCSD will be the better choice.

I like the college system at UCSD a lot, and getting away from home is an important part of the total college experience. Both are good schools, but La Jolla is a great place to live. I think it would be an easy choice for me: UCSD.

UCSD's rigor is a lot more competitive than both UCD and UCI. Of course, the cost of living is a lot higher as well, but it is the more better looking campus of the three. Especially for Natural Sciences, you'd definately want to consider UCSD as it ranks far higher than UCD and even further higher than UCI.

sd no doubt