slow cooker pot roast
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
295 ml water
2495 g pot roast
1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
2. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
= = = = == = = = = = = = = ==
slow cooker spare ribs
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
15 g brown sugar
15 ml Worcestershire sauce
30 ml soy sauce
905 g pork spareribs
3 g cornstarch (optional)
60 ml cold water (optional)
1. Place ribs in a large stock pot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together soup, onion, garlic, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Remove ribs from water, and transfer to a slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs.
3. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender.
4. If sauce is too thin when cooking time is done, drain sauce from ribs, and pour into a sauce pan. Combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch with a small amount of cold water, stir into sauce, and bring sauce to boil. Cook until sauce has reached desired thickness.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
slow cooker beef stew
455 g cubed beef stew meat
10 g all-purpose flour
1 g salt, or to taste
15 ml olive oil
45 g baby carrots
1-1/3 large potatoes, cubed
0.5 g dried parsley
0.7 g ground black pepper
160 ml boiling water
1/3 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
15 g butter
1 onions, sliced
20 ml red wine
20 ml warm water
5 g all-purpose flour
1. Place meat in a large plastic bag. Combine 1/4 cup flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt; pour into the bag with the meat, and shake to coat.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add stew meat, and cook until evenly browned on the outside. Transfer to a slow cooker along with the carrots, potatoes, parsley, and pepper. In a small bowl, stir together 2 cups of boiling water and dry soup mix; pour into the slow cooker.
3. In the same skillet, melt butter and saute onions until softened; remove to the slow cooker. Pour red wine into the skillet, and stir to loosen browned bits of food on the bottom. Remove from heat, and pour into the slow cooker.
4. Cover, and cook on High for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to Low, and cook for 6 hours, or until meat is fork tender. In a small bowl or cup, mix together 2 tablespoons flour with 1/4 cup warm water. Stir into stew, and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, or until thickened.
· 1 decade ago