Can you answer this trivia from the original series STAR TREK?

In the episode "The Devil in the Dark" Spock had mindmelded with the Horta. When the link was broken the Horta wrote something on the rock. What did the Horta write on the rock? Hint: There are still controversies as to what the words were supposed to mean amongst diehard OST fans.

Rest assured Sweet Judy that I am indeed from Earth and Terralios is but a figment of my enormous imagination. If it's any consolation to others that may have been deceived by my detailed account of a world that seemed to fit all the criteria for actual existence I apologize. I do however believe that there are extraterrestrials amongst us and have been for hundreds perhaps thousands of centuries. This question in essence is a means to see if there are others that share this curiosity. I've noticed that a great many people that share an admiration for science fiction are also intellectual and curious about how the Universe works normally and paranormally.

Favorite Answer

Kirk discovers a chamber filled with thousands of the silicon nodules and the creature causes the roof to collapse, trapping him. Kirk contacts Spock, who in a reversal of their previous positions, urges Kirk to kill the creature immediately. However, Kirk realises that the creature is not threatening him and begins to "talk" to it. The creature turns, showing him a large wound in its side.

Spock finds a way into the cavern and attempts a Vulcan mind meld but cannot complete it as the creature is in agony from its wound. However, he does learn that it calls itself a Horta. The Horta also gains enough knowledge from the experience to be able to etch the words "NO KILL I" into a nearby rock.

The Devil in the Dark" was his favorite original Star Trek episode. From Shatner's perspective, this episode was "exciting, thought-provoking and intelligent, it contained all of the ingredients that made up our very best Star Treks

i had the answer in my head, but couldnt put it in order until i looked at the other answers. So No kill i.

it was "no kill i" , and years later, a rock band named themselves after those words.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Devil_in_the...

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/The_Devil_in_the_D...

was dont kill.. or no kill me... or just no kill...

been awhile since i seen it

Oh Honey.................I have no idea..................I am still getting over the notion....................that you are form the planet Earth..................xo

NO KILL I

Source(s): "Gas prices are crazy. It's getting so bad that the Amish are now complaining."

NO KILL I