Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Has anyone else noticed how many anti-immigration Daily Mail readers are EX-PATS?

I read the comments section on the daily mail website, just for the idiotic humor of it, and seriously, on every single story that has something to do with immigration, there are always comments from ex-pats in Spain, Thailand, etc. For crying out loud, do they not see the hypocrisy in that? 'They can't come here, but we can go there!' And, to set the record straight, for any anti-immigration people reading this, MOST IMMIGRANTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS! Quit saying they're all sponging off the state!

Update:

You'd be wound up tight as well if you listened to the hatred people spew here.

Update 2:

This is about the UK, not the US. And it's about legal immigrants, not illegal.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Daily Mail is known to some as the "Daily Hate". It's obsessed with immigrants, the "hordes" of knife wielding, cannabis smoking "hoodies", and dodgy statistics to back up their sensationalist rants. Generally, the paper's obsessed with Britain's perpetual descent into hell. Personally, I think it's solely responsible for our nation's tendency to whinge about everything.

Saturday's headline quoted Barry Mizen, the father of Jimmy Mizen, the boy who was stabbed in a bakery. The headline read: "This country of anger and fear". I found this most ironic, as I believe the Daily Mail infects Britain with anger and fear.

Here's a few quotes related to this topic:

"The "Daily Hate" nickname is in part because - according to Polly Toynbee in The Guardian - the Mail's founder, Lord Northcliffe, said his winning formula was to give his readers "a daily hate".

[Amongst numerous other criticisms], a common criticism of the Mail is its treatment of asylum seekers. Several opponents (including London Mayor Ken Livingstone in a well-publicised argument) have claimed that the newspaper panders to racism in this respect. On a related note, the paper's past is also criticised, most notably the fact that the Daily Mail ran inflammatory articles about Jewish immigrants, serialised The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and supported the British Union of Fascists for a while during the 1930s, though it maintains no current ties to such groups.

As a target of satire the stereotypical Daily Mail reader is characterised as a borderline-racist, homophobic, aspiring middle-class conservative who lacks the intelligence to read the broadsheet equivalent the Daily Telegraph. In fact, in recent years the phrase 'Daily Mail reader' has become increasingly used in general parlance (not just in the media) as shorthand for any person with such attitudes.

* The comedy character Alan Partridge states that it is "the greatest newspaper in the world" in an episode of I'm Alan Partridge.

* In the Harry Potter series, Vernon Dursley, arguably the best-known Middle Englander, is depicted as reading the Daily Mail.

* In the adult comic Viz's strip Jack Black, a near-fascistic "Boy's Own" adventure strip, the Daily Mail is the only newspaper anyone reads in the village, until in one episode an incoming Guardian reader is uncovered as protecting an Al Qaeda cell.

The Mail is also often the subject of jokes for its supposed obsession with the property market. This has led to Private Eye mock-headlines such as Influx of asylum seekers cause house values to plummet and Property prices fall as asteroid prepares to wipe out life on Earth."

- from the Wikipedia article "Criticism", under the G.N U Free Documentation License.

This is a superb, funny little video about the Daily Mail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNUTWET14BU

And here's a very interesting piece on "How the Daily Mail lies about immigration":

http://5cc.blogspot.com/2007/05/how-daily-mail-lie...

And a website devoted to exposing the nonsense printed in the Daily Hate:

http://www.mailwatch.co.uk/

And can I just say that Mimi, A) You don't know what YOU'RE talking about, the question's about a right-wing BRITISH paper you know nothing about, and B) You ARE being rude; "Oh another person saying something that she knows nothing about" is extremely rude, and saying "I'm not being rude" doesn't make it polite. Ignoramus.

And that goes for all you others who have just used this thread on the newspaper the Daily Mail as an opportunity to express your irrelevant views on US border control problems and immigration. legal or otherwise.

Also, William O needs to look up the meaning of hypocrisy.

• 7 years ago

Why do you read every single story in the daily mail that has something to do with immigration, and why do they complain about any benefit restrictions if they are mostly not eligible anyway. Which countries can the British go to with no sign of a job, and get given other peoples tax money without restrictions. And the EU broke their own rules letting countries who only pay 70p/hr join in the first place.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

And, to set the record straight, for any anti-immigration people reading this, MOST IMMIGRANTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS! Quit saying they're all sponging off the state!

And, to set the record straight, for any pro-criminal people reading this, THEY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE IN THE US! For crying out loud, do you not see the hypocrisy in that? Believe there are a lot of them sponging off the state!

FBI:

58% of welfare payments are made to illegal aliens

Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD housing are illegal aliens

Over 43% of food stamps go to illegal aliens

These are criminals! Lies, fraud, cheating, etc are their way of life! 99% of illegal aliens in the US commit a felony within 30 days of their immigration violation!

Now which do you want?

They can not collect benefits because it's illegal therefore they can not be in the US OR They are in the US AND they collect benefits?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Oh another person saying something that she knows nothing about.Illegals DO get welfare.Who do you think pays for the little baby when its in the moms tummy for those 9 months and who pays for the room she is taking up to have this anchor baby.Oh and while in the grocery store who pays for that steak or Ice Cream in the buggy not the new born they cant even eat that stuff at say 1 month old.So I think you are the one spreading hate by trying to make it sound like these people came from heaven and all the rest of us are just hate mongers.I would welcome ALL that comes here legally and all that do as I do pay taxes to have the right to these benefits.Think about that...Not being rude its just my opinion that you asked for by posting this question....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Yes, it is illegal because of you can't do the hypocrisy but you van visit it. More detail of Daily Mail readers are given in this link - http://www.usignp.com/2014/04/join-daily-mail-rewa...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They do in the US. You seem to be wound up a little tight...

Truth is not hatred. Being emotional causes cancer.

• 1 decade ago

> do they not see the hypocrisy in that? 'They can't come here,

> but we can go there!'

No? So many of "them" came "here", that I couldn't afford living "here" anymore, so now I'm "there", let "them" figure out how to run a country.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They do sponge because they pop out anchor babies and it is anti-ILLEGAL immigration!!

• 1 decade ago

?????????/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.