How can I eat food that actually tastes good and still stay thin?

I'm not overweight now by any means, but I'm working on toning up for summer and I'm trying to develop better eating habits. However, most of the foods that have been suggested to me (whole grain breads, plain cereals, vegetables, etc.) don't sound remotely appealing to me, as they are very bland.... show more I'm not overweight now by any means, but I'm working on toning up for summer and I'm trying to develop better eating habits. However, most of the foods that have been suggested to me (whole grain breads, plain cereals, vegetables, etc.) don't sound remotely appealing to me, as they are very bland.

I've started eating more fruits, namely grapes and bananas, and I've started eating pretzels instead of chips. I also drink a lot of green tea and very little soda. If I continue to eat things like chicken, hamburgers, and pizza, only in smaller portions, and start drinking more water, will this help me to tone up while still being able to eat food with flavor?
Update: I forgot to include that I work out daily. I do a lot of crunches (regular, reverse, twist and bicycle), some light cardio, and a few leg exercises. Now that the weather is more consistent, I also plan on going jogging a few times a week.