Do you think this company is real? ECH Associates?

Hi,

I applied to a company and I had a guy call me back. The headquarters is in San Diego, but the main one is from Switzerland. It is a logistics company associated with the oil industry. They offered me a high salary position, but need to know my credit score because I will be handling corporate accounts. Their website is echway.com I checked them out on the Better Business Bureau and they are listed and have a B+ rating. What do you all think?

I'm wondering if everyone that is replying back to me has gotten the same e-mail. If so, it may most likely be something iffy.

Favorite Answer

100% sure it is a scam. if you look at their website, you will notice that email address for zurich is the same as california. if you google earth you will find that the address in california looks like an apt complex. if you do a reverse address on address in california, you will find it is the address for the villa del sol apts, matching google earth.

locations in website for most of the overseas offices - dont show a phone number??

i have recieved one of their offers as well.

running "who is this" on website address, shows it was made march 2, 2009, the website www.echway.com was just created this month. for the scam--

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/echwa...

if you look at bbb,, detail info,,, it shows 1 person employed??

the b+ rating ,, seems that if bbb has NO info on you that you get b+ rating.

compare the news release of 2/25 on echway.com to a paragraph on http://www.businessweekly.co.uk/2007121231120/dist...

word for word match except for change of logistic company name.

compare the news release of jan 9 on echway.com to

http://www.e-sailings.com/base/en/lplus.asp - a complete match also except for the name change from ceva logistics to ech engineering - COINCIDENCE?

added 3/31 - here a link to show The Villa Del Sol Apts, which has the same address as ECH in California,

http://www.forrent.com/apartment-community-profile...

How could ECH have an office in an apt project,

THIS IS A SCAM, WHEN YOU FINISH YOUR TRAINING THEY ARE GOING TO WANT A BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER TO SEND YOU THE {lol} $$ OR THEY ARE GOING TO SUGGEST ISSUING A CREDIT TO ONE OF YOUR CREDIT CARDS, THEY ARE STRINGING U ALONG WITH THE TRAINING TO BUILD YOUR EMOTIONAL INVESTMENT IN THE SCHEME THEREBY MAKING U LESS DEFENSIVE THAN YOU WOULD NORMALLY BE, CAUSE U EARNED {lol} THAT PAYMENT. IF THEY DO SEND YOU A CHECK IT IS GOING TO BE FOR TOO MUCH AND THEY WILL ASK YOU TO SEND THEM A CASHIERS CHECK FOR THE OVERPAYMENT, BY THE

TIME THE CHECK THEY SENT YOU BOUNCES, oops>

I DONT KNOW WHAT OTHER PROOF YOU NEED TO KNOW THEY ARE SCAM

Source(s): echway.com bbb for san diego, cal google earth who is this - domain check white pages - reverse address check

I don't want to use the panic button too early, but on your request, I looked up their website. You mentioned their headquarters was in Switzerland - and indeed under "contact us" is a valid swiss address.

So far so good, but...

I know the address they mention - it's just around the corner. Now why to they say: Office 4404? That's highly unusual for switzerland - normally this should be a company's name. an office numbers seems to be a "one-room-only" address, which is kind of weird for an international headquarters. After all, the building itself is not that big.

The phone number in the meanwhile belongs to this company:

http://www.ltv.ch/de

Which is located at the same place, and well known. There might still be a small chance that this is a sub company of LTV... but honestly: LTV is in the phone book and web search Business, what good would be a logistics company in the oil industry for them??

you may call +41 44 308 68 68 during office times (GMT +1) to check if such an company as the ECH is known to them.

Bottom line, I'd be more than skeptic. Too many companies are using the "swiss" and "swiss made" brand to appear more professional.

Everything on there website looks to be copied from other websites. If u call the phone number for the San diego office u get a home answering machine. Maybe it is just me but it seems at the end of the four week training they will ask for a bank acoount number or your social security number. They are not going to mail a check. My buddy got a email from the so called human resources department. It is a total scam. The time u guys are using wasting with this fake company could be used towards finding a actual real job. Let me ask everyone a question... How many project supervisors do u think they need for the company? Sounds like a few people have started training for it. Something sounds wrong.

I'm so glad you posted this question. I too have started training with ECH!!! I am through the first week and took the first test and yes it was WAAAAYY to easy. I like you guys am definitely skeptical but am willing to see it through. Before committing to anything I emailed the Better Business Bureau in CA and it came back with nothing suspicious, they're rating was a B+. It definitely sounds and looks sketchy, but the only personal info they have of mine is name, address, phone, email address. I figured they wouldn't be able to get much from that, if they want to try and impersonate me that's fine. I have LifeLock on my SS# and am not worried about fraud. Supposedely, someone from their Zurich, Switerland office did a phone interview with me. The questions were lame and not what I was expecting. The money they say they'll pay you for the training is not something I'm counting on, I'm sure there's some sort of "catch" they aren't telling anyone about. Who are you guys talking too from ECH? The guy I'm talking to is Tomas "Tom" Green. Either way post more info as you guys find out more and I'll do the same. Thanks!

I have had contact with this company as well within the past couple of days. Seems legit from the outset, but I want to do a little more research as well. I have been scammed before and don't plan on letting it happen again. You have checked with the BBB which is further than I have gotten and at least they have a record of the company. Personally, I'm not familiar with web sites or organizations that can help validate the legitimacy of a company.

Im almost done with their stage 1 training. So far everything goes fine. Just studies in mornings and tests on Fridays. Hope to see their paycheck in 2 weeks.

I am in the same boat and I have been scammed before, so I need to find out whether this company is real or not.

when I worked in Universal in CA a year and a half ago I remember a company with the same name and ph# transporting something for us. but that was a while ago and I might be wrong.

thats because my dad's birthday is on 8-03-45

they had something like that in their ph#