Why do you care about any other god, atheists?

Why you counter the typical Christian argument with a line like, "You don't believe in Odin, we just believe one less god than you," do you realize the majority of you name MALE gods? Do you do that deliberately to counter the presumed masculine Abrahamic gods? Or are you so used to thinking that any imaginary god is male? Most polytheistic religions had equal numbers of male and female deities, so it's not for the lack of goddesses...

Oh sh!t, I'm not a Christian, I'm an agnostic atheist with some pagan curiosities. I was just curious why these default arguments were always about the males.

• neil s
    Best Answer

Ishtar and Hela are just as imaginary/

Although it is true most polytheistic religions have equal, or similar number of males to females, it is also true that in many if the "popular" polytheistic religions the male gods have more power, or just simply are "cooler". Common you have to admit Odin>Frigga.

I don't. I care what god followers do to my rights.

I have always been an atheist. OK, that is not completely true. I am not an atheist. I am not a believer. I am not an agnostic. I am none of these because the answer to god's existence is unimportant.

I am what I am and what I am needs no excuses!

People ask what would convince me that any god truly exists. While I am not sure, I am certainly open to any tangible evidence. What evidence would convince you that your god does not exist? Do you see the conundrum?

Bible passages are not evidence of any god's existence to me. This is my standard of proof, not yours. However, if proof were proffered that convinced me some god exists, I would change absolutely nothing in my life or my behavior. Existence or not of any god does not matter.

What if evidence were produced that convinced your god does not exist with certainty (evidence according to your standards of proof)? What would you change in your life?

- Would you stop evangelizing?

- Would you start sinning more?

- Would you stop helping those less fortunate than you?

- Would you feel that life is meaningless?

- Would you lose your Raison d'être?

Atheists such as myself have real moral values perform mitzvahs not for the sake of salvation, but because moral codes and performing good deeds and helping those in need is the right thing to do.

Many (not all!) people choose Christianity for the reward of salvation or to avoid the punishment of hell. That's known as Pascal's wager. I don't consider these folks Christian or religious at all. To me, a true Christian would accept Christ without regard to salvation, would not crow about being saved, would not condemn others, and would even take that John 3:16 oath of allegiance knowing that g-d might hypothetically give them nothing in return.

Isn't the true purpose of spirituality personal development and growth, not the salvation reward? What type of supreme being needs or wants our devotion? I don't think any god would be that shallow. However, the bible says man was formed in god's image. Seems to me the holy book has that backwards: god was formed in man's image.

What type of parent would eternally refuse to acknowledge their child or kick them out of heaven -- I mean the parents' house -- for disobedience or refusing to pledge their fealty to mom and dad? Ever hear of unconditional love? Does the god of Abraham possess that quality? If so, he would still let people into heaven even if they refused to acknowledge Jesus.

Why is the concept that one can perform selfless mitzvahs and possess moral values without belief in god so difficult for many Christians to comprehend?

Its called the sexist society of today.

Oh, and also, take another look at the Bible. Notice how most people address God when they speak of Him?

I mean it as a compliment when I say that you're among the few religious people who actually has brains on R&S.

The specific people your asking this question to has nothing to do with me. I do personally think that it's best they learn both genders are really equal and there is really no evidence to god actually having a physical body. We just like to think of it being only a man who could do such things and that is descrimanation. People are just brain washed to only man being only capable of those things. )-=

Could it be that the leader of most pagan traditions is male (Zeus, Odin, etc.)? It strikes me that the usage of the male patriarch is a direct shot and comparison to "god the father".

Really? This is what is really bothering you? Wow.

I just name common well-known names, and they are usually male. I'm just trying to increase the odds that the average Christian would at least have heard of them.

Allright then Diana ,Venus and Nike then if you like. Hera took part in the Trojan war. Doesn't that prove her existence since we know the city of Troy was a real historical place?

Im an atheist (have switched returned and forth from atheist to agnostic for somewhat, yet generally atheist) in spite of the undeniable fact that, I not at all experience the could desire to make non secular peopel experience they are "incorrect"...their wager is in basic terms as good as mine to whether there truly is tht guy up there in the sky! Whose to assert who's faulty/precise? additionally, its in basic terms not precise b/c faith could desire to convey human beings mutually...ive not at all been opne to discriminate, im easily a magnificent, distinctive, open guy or woman who in basic terms occurs to not have faith in God. easily, opposite to customary theory, i admire learnign abt ALL faith whether im examining, observing a documentary, or listening from a pal. expertise will constantly be power, so i cant say I dont have faith if I dont even comprehend what this is tht im not believing in, plus i stumble on faith alluring, or maybe in spite of the undeniable fact that I dont like what it stands for now, and what it does to human beings, on the middle of all of it its meant to be good. I in basic terms dont like the place human beings have taken it from some time past till this modern, and that i stilljust have faith that God himself doesnt truly exist, im a hundred% a scientific concepts....

the female gods tended to have a more difficultly spelled name, and some people would rather use shorter names when posting, either because:

1. they are lazy

2. save space/time in typing

3. they have a list easily on hand

or

4. its easier to remember the shorter names

i suppose it all depends upon the person doing the typing.

I don't care.

That's why I am not religious.

None of it is true.

People who are religious and claim their religion is "the truth" can not see the rest of the world believes the same and therefore atheists make those comments to get you to think and not just follow what a preacher says "is truth".