Air Force ROTC scholarship question?

I'm a junior in high school right now and want to go to Australia for a year for a discipleship program & then come back & join the Air Force. Can I apply for the scholarship when I'm a senior in high school and possibly wait a year to use my scholarship if accepted?

• Lee
    Favorite Answer

are you wanting to go to the academy if so you need to contact a liaison for the academy you need to start your junior year it's good to be head of some organizations show leaderships skills and a desire to server your country that sort of thing you will also need a recommendation letter from your senator or governor or there will be no interview they will pay for all your college and you earn a commission

any ways your answers is yes you can get up to 4 years before you can use it but you must get a waiver

# Type 1 - Pays full college tuition, most lab fees and $900/year for books. Approximately 5 percent of our 4-year scholarship winners will be offered a Type-1 scholarship (mostly in Computer, Electrical, and Environmental Engineering).

# Type 2 - Pays college tuition and most lab fees up to $15,000 and pays $900/year for books. Approximately 10 percent of our 4-year scholarship winners will be offered a Type-2 scholarship (mostly in technical fields). If a student attends an institution where the tuition exceeds $15,000, then he/she pays the difference. All 3-year scholarships are Type 2.

# Type 7 - Pays full college tuition and most lab fees, but the student must attend a college/university where the tuition is less than $9,000 per year. The student cannot attend a more expensive institution and pay the difference. These students also receive $900/year for books

You can convert a 4 year scholarship to a 3 year but the catch is that you have to go to college that first year on your own dime.

What you might want to consider doing is looking up HSI (Hispanic Serving Institutions) and HBCU (Historically Black College/University).

They get a minimum of 15 scholarships a year and they are noncompetitive, meaning that you either meet standards or you don't. Take a look at http://www.afrotc.com

Source(s): AFROTC instructor

I had an AFROTC scholarship to fundamental in physics. My information was once that i mandatory to go with that fundamental to get the money. word, that was once an entire 4-300 and sixty 5 days scholarship, so partial scholarships perchance unique. fortuitously, I gained into the Academy and chosen another fundamental, because of undeniable fact that with the help of way of 2 hundred-degree physics splendor sucked and that i certainly not wanted to take one extra physics splendor as quickly as extra.

aplpy first semester senior year.