Why does everyone make fun of Rosie O'Donnell?

I've always wondered why; i mean, there are other fat celebrities but they dont get made fun of like her

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Not everyone makes fun of Ms. O'Donnell or anyone else for that matter. Those who choose to rant, spew & judge through hate, target her because she is brave enough to stand up to voice her beliefs. Whether those beliefs are correct or not is not the point. She has strengthened her soul by believing in herself & those who speak out against injustice & possible wrong doing often become targets themselves. No ONE person is absolutely right or perfect all the time & those who have the least self worth are the first to sling verbal hate/hate speech. Ms. O'Donnell has visual faults to which our society discriminates against & because she is a so-called celebrity, people know her name, face, & part of her character, so she becomes the target of choice. If what she says comes out of the mouth of someone like Halle Berry, it is difficult to bash her opinions through personal attacks, due to her beauty & slender figure, so those who do need to find some other "fault" will.

It takes little effort to judge & is the easiest of characteristics for the human ego to show...

It takes enormous effort to empathise & understand/tolerate/accept, because it is a virtue to which all humans strive towards in order to grow within & learn the secrets of our existence, but it is hardwork & many choose to give up & take other paths more destructive to themselves & others.

• Jo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I have never understood it, she seems like a nice lady, and she really does some fantastic charity work.....some people are bullies, and I guess the fact that she is fat is the only thing they can find to make fun of

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't think it's a weight issue as much as her liberal views and her bashing of our President on national Tv. She was very argumentative about 9/11 and said Pres. Bush knew about it beforehand. She ranted about it for months on the View.

• 1 decade ago

Seriously...Rosie O Donnel has done so much for charity and is a great person...so what if she's a big girl, she's got a big heart!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maybe the people who make fun of her are just a bunch of sheeps who follow, or perhaps homofobic.

• 1 decade ago

She is a know-it-all that doesn't really know much. She is obnoxious and makes statements about politics that she knows absolutely nothing about.

• 1 decade ago

She's fat ugly obnoxious and irritating... she never was funny, shes a media whore, oh and she tried to eat Elizabeth Hasslebeck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

who knows

• 1 decade ago

No one likes an opinionated loud mouth. That's her.

• 1 decade ago

cause shes annoying and doesnt shut up and gets in everyones business

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.