Well i love making stuffted peppers and always goes down well at dinner parties.
you will need:
3 garlic cloves
1 large onion
2 fresh basil leaves
pepper cut in half from the middle of the stalk down (with seeds and stalk removed)
salt & pepper
1 large jar of passata sauce (sived tomatoes)
fresh breadcrumbs (made from stale bread in food processor) or toast put in food processor, if you dont have stale bread.
1 beaten egg
chili power (optional)
a deep oven dish
1. make your sauce by chopping onion and garlic and adding to pan with oilve oil. fry until soft, dont burn. add passata and stir, add bay leaf, and basil and salt and pepper, and some chili power if you like and leave to cook for bout 20-30 mins on mid heat.
2. in frying pan cook mince on its own, and drain excess fat that comes out. (I hate it when people leave the fatty liquid and not drain it)
Wait until cooked and leave to cool.
3. get a bowl and add cooled mince. dice up the mozzarelle in small cubes and add in the bowl with the mince.
4. grate some fresh parmesan, be generous and add to the mixture in bowl.
5. add beaten egg in bowl along with breadcrumbs and mix.
6. when tomato sauce is done, add a coupe of spoons into your mince mixture. stir all ingredients in bowl.
7. put your pepper halves into a deep oven tray. season with a bit of salt in the pepper halves.
8. add some sauce that you made in each pepper covering the bottom of it.
9. spoon the mince mixture in the pepper up to the top.
10. add more sauce on top of each pepper and sprinkle with parmesan.
11. put some water half way up in the bottom of the oven tray, this helps peppers to cook when they are in the oven.
12. place in oven for about 20-30 mins.