Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 1 decade ago

Whats your favorite short quote/lyric?

Whos it by, and why?

This isn't my homework, I'm just curious what your favorite quote is:

"I'm 23 years old. I might just be my mother's child, but in all reality, I'm everybody's child. Nobody raised me; I was raised in this society."

-Tupac Shakur

^ Thats my favorite

Favorite Answer

-"I remember Marvin Gaye used to sing to me, he had me feeling like black was the thing to be."- 2Pac keep ya head up

-"Black males can do anything if you'd just give us a chance and stop putting us down." 2Pac

-"Sex is an emotion in motion."- ?

-Dogs never bite, only humans"- Marilyn Monroe

-"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for your kiss and fifty cents for your soul, I know because i've held out for the first offer long enough for the second."- Marilyn Monroe

-"We've got to find a way to bring some lovin'/ understanding here today."- Marvin Gaye what's going on?

Source(s): 2Pac is my favorite rapper, that's why I gave you the star

From Ghost Rider: "Feels like my skull's on fire." Evanescence- 'I long to be like you, lie cold in the ground like you.' Evanescence- 'Without a soul, my spirit sleeping somewhere cold.' Evanescence- 'Could'nt take the blame, sick with shame, must be exhausting to lose your own game. Selfishly hated, no wonder you're jaded, you can't the victim this time, and you're too late.' 'All this time you were pretending, so much for my happy ending.' 'Real girls aren't perfect. Then again, perfect girls aren't real.' 'Just when you thought you were the center of attention, we showed up.' Paris Hilton- 'Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a jaguar in the garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for it all.' Paris Hilton- 'All you have to do in life is go out with your friends; party hard and look twice as good as that b*tch standing next to you.' 'I'm the author of my life. Unfortunatley, I'm writing in pen and I can't erase my mistakes.' 'It's okay if you want to drop dead.' 'I'm not saying I'm cool. That's your job.' 'I'm happy. Don't wreck it by talking.' 'At the end of my tantrums, someone gets buried.' 'I’m not a pessimist. I’m optimistically challenged.' 'You an say anything about me as you please, but I am what I am and that's something you'll never be.' 'It's cool if you hate me. If I were you, I'd be jealous too.' 'Beauty is found in the heart, not in the eyes of some jealous b*tch; so when you say I'm ugly, i'll laugh my cute laugh and say these simple words: Don't hate me cause you ain't me.' 'I am outspoken, opinionated, and determined. I want what I want and there is nothing wrong with that! So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame, try to squash every ounce of beauty I hold within me and you won't succeed. And if that makes me a b*tch, so be it. I embrace the title and am proud to bear it...' Hope you liked!

I'm a major fan of the beatles. So these are my top quotes.

"I'm a tidy sort of bloke. I don't like chaos. I kept records in the record rack, tea in the tea caddy, and pot in the pot box."

-George Harrison, 1969

"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans"

-John Lennon

"We all have Hitler in us, but we also have love and peace. So why not give peace a chance for once?"

-John Lennon

"I think people who truly can live a life in music are telling the world, 'You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly'"

-George Harrison

"Love is like a flower, give it time and it will grow"

-John Lennon

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination."

-John Lennon

"As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.

-John Lennon

"Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given, never forgotten, never let it disappear."

- John Lennon

"Love is the answer and you know that for sure"

- John Lennon

Source(s): The Beatles

anything by Teddy Roosevelt...He's so elegant and influencial...

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

I think that quote is so inspirational...

In the shelter of her arms everything's okay,

she talks and the world slowly slips away

and I have a reason I can still go on,

when every other reason is gone

It's a whole verse, but i like it =]

Its from '5 O Clock World' by The Vogues

"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - (The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe) By Douglas Adams.

I don't know, just funny.

I'm the most organized mess in town.

You can't be old&wise if you were never young&crazy.

Take it all away, I don't want it anymore, one day I'm going to lose this war.

Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

Idk who any of them are by, but heres why

a.thats how i feel. i live in a town where everybodys crazy, &&i got my **** togeatha, but im still a mess

b. this one is all true, im young&crazy and thats whatll make me old&wise

c. this is how i feel about meth, i'm in a war with meth, i want someone to take it all away cause i dont want it anymore cause i know im going to lose the war

d. in rehab they tell you that drugs are a crutch for those who dont want to face reality, but i believe its the other way around.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly''

i don't know who said it

its a nice quote, i have others i like though

Busier than a one-legged man in an ***-kicking contest