Hard drive, low space in local disk C:/?

The thing is, when I got my new hard-drive, someone (that I trust and has always helped me with computer problems) told me to leave 10GB for the local disk C:/ and the rest (140GB) for D:/ .... and now C is pretty much full. I've left only the programs I strictly need and use, and I've no personal files... show more The thing is, when I got my new hard-drive, someone (that I trust and has always helped me with computer problems) told me to leave 10GB for the local disk C:/ and the rest (140GB) for D:/ .... and now C is pretty much full.

I've left only the programs I strictly need and use, and I've no personal files in C:/ (they're all in D) and I even tried installing new programs into D: but some still go into C.

Is there a way of increasing the size of C? I tried to when I re-installed my windows, but didn't work.