Toxic assets as AIG CEO bonuses?

Privatization plan? Why not give AIG executives the toxic assets as their bonuses? That should be their compensation for creating this mess.

Favorite Answer

No, give it to the board of directors, its a publicly traded company. All the major decisions of AIG have gone through them not the executives. The executives just do their job and as the board dictates. Or have our congressman buy them with their own money since it was their decisions back in the 90's that set this all in motion,it was them who left in the stipulations for the bonuses, and they feel that they can go over the constitution and pass new tax laws that look remarkably like socialism.

That's all well and good, but the AIG employees, who received bonuses, had absolutely nothing at all to do with the toxic assets.

Some of them worked all year for $1, in the hopes of being compensated with a bonus (contractually agreed to and with the full blessing of the government).

SOOOOooooo, it looks like you're one of the sheeple (i.e., a person who is merely a sheep following the rants of the gummint).

Yes I agree. A deal is a deal so they get their bonuses but I think you're right and the form of those compensation packages should be the "Public-Private Investment Fund" MBSs and CDOs. That will also give them incentive to straighten those things out if they personally own them. Here's $165 million toxic securities, enjoy.

i happen to live in Connecticut (something i was once proud of)when they showed up (by the bus load)on my street the all got off proudly wearing their Acorn T-shirts-instead of going 20 mins. away to Dodd's house .what I've been trying to find out is who paid for this,i realize it was our Attorney general that gave out the names -but who paid for this? seeing as Acorn is federally funded did we pay for this? However unlike them I'll gladly pay my share and get on that bus with you sister common sense

why not give the ones who made a profit,some depts made very large profits ,their bonus which they earned,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have never heard so any jealous people..I wish I have the talent/abilty to make a couple of mill a year..