Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Whatever happened to the "Good Ol Days" of Perry Mason?

When people who committed crimes actually went to jail instead of paying millions of dollars to keep their sorry asses out of jail?

Favorite Answer

I never saw any Perry, but certainly wonder about the Q?

I'd almost rather see murderers get a wrist slap and the corp pirates do long hard time.

I wouldn't mind seeing the body politic stripped of their defense either.

Good Q.

Dallas

this must be some kind of telepathy . i was thinking of writing the same question at about the same time .

they dont make 'em like that anymore i guess ...the days of Perry Mason and Erle Stanley Gardner when Americans were a beacon in the World across 2 World Wars with giants like Patton , Eisenhower , FDR , General Marshall the last of those huge days for USA ended with the hippie movement .. the last truly great American generation ended with Armstrong in 1969 and Lowell in Apollo 13 ....

i am an Indian age 38 . oddly i feel weirdly nostalgic for old USA ( till 1965 ) ..i have often thought i was an American perhaps in last life and died in Vietnam ( and hence was born nearby in India !! ) and therefore hate everything which is American and post Watergate and love everything from Boston Tea Party to pre Watergate ..

i have often been surprised i love USA more than most young Americans

• ?

because of the fact divorce is plenty too ordinary and marriage is amazingly no longer ordinary. I recommend with divorce, its pay and... boost! you're dicorced. the place with marriage, you ought to make the alternative daily to stay and artwork on it. you comprehend what they say however... the toughest and toughest issues have the terrific rewards... To dazzling issues off, maximum divorces might desire to be fastened via one element... communication. i think that the transformations that the couples would be unable to choose, is via the fact there is no longer sufficient communication. case in point, my husband and that i went by our rather rocky patch final 365 days, we are nevertheless at the same time and extra effective because of the fact of it. I informed him and repeated many situations that i choose help. I artwork complete time, we've 2 small young ones and a 5 mattress room abode. some how i replaced into meant to artwork, and be the SAHM all on the comparable time... I hit my snapping ingredient and flipped. I additionally had panic assaults from rigidity. So, it replaced into taking a toll on me and not something replaced into changing. ultimately, I sat him down and informed him that i replaced into drowning and he replaced into too, different than he replaced into conserving me down in an attempt to not sleep. i think he have been given the seen in his head, and because then I rather have had extra help. All I ask is that if I ought to scrub the entire abode, preserve what the babies choose. Take them exterior and play.... heck, set them up with a snack, a drink and a action picture. i did no longer care, I only mandatory help. Now over a 365 days later, our abode remains purifier, and he spends extra time with the babies. I additionally get extra "you ought to bypass relax.... only sit down and take it ordinary"... i think of he has considered what I do and he has considering that pitched in!

Oh how I wish those days would come back! Those were the good old days!

• Me

Oh the magic of TV Land......LOL! =D