I have really dry lips?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Im always using lip balm or vaseline, at least once an hour and it does my head in, I have to keep at least 3 in my bag, one in my pocket, one at work and then at home. Its really ...show more
Update : Thanks guys - I drink an awful lot of water, barely drink anything else ...show more
Best Answer
I agree with the other posters, drinking alot of water is important.

- Every night, before going to bed, use a mild lip exfoliator - Mary Kay makes a great one, but you can find many well-known brands at any drugstore or department store. Follow that with a rich lip cream (I actually don't recommend Vaseline because it's just a petroleum product...it lays on top of your skin...it doesn't sink into the tissue of your lips. Now it does protect your lips from losing its natural moisture, but I recommend a product that sinks into your lips, and moisturizes from within). Vitamin E (you can break a vitamin E capsule, and use your finger to put some on your lips)...is the BEST thing you can do. It's natural and very moisturizing.

- Make sure to not moisturize too often. If you swipe on too much lip product, it WILL dry out your lips.

- Make sure not to lick your lips either...it dries out your lips like nobodys business.

Hope this helps! Good luck.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (14)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Yung Marvo Zone 3 O.G. Baby!!!!! answered 5 years ago
    U have 2 drink more water or use some Carmax
    • 1
    • Comment
  • shanee_suicide answered 5 years ago
    THIS USE TO BE ME! i was so embarrassed about my dry lips and felt as if everyone where starring! so one day after brushing my teeth i got an idea to rinse of my tooth brush and lightly brush the dry skin off my lips, and not so hard where i was bleeding. So yea after you brush your teeth, exfoliate you lips by brushing the dry skin of then apply chap stick. after a while you'll need to do it less and less. My lips are no longer dry anymore! hope this helps!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Claire B answered 5 years ago
    Okay, you have several options.

1) Try scrubbing your lips with you toothbrush or make a homemade sugar-honey scrub for exfoliating your lips. This really helps remove dry skin.

2) What type of lip balm have you used? You might be allergic to something in them. A few that have worked for me are Softlips, Blistex Complete Moisture, Burt's Bees (original version), Carmex (in the tin; the ingredients are slightly different from the tube version... best for super dry lips because it contains all this great stuff, look at the ingredients on the website), and Palmer's Cocoa Butter stick (very moisturizing, great bang for your buck, my favorite so far). I actually don't like Vaseline or Chapstick, I've found them to be very overrated (and Chapstick's loaded with alcohols! ick! that's just going to dry your lips out more!).

3) Realize that chapped lips can be caused by allergic reactions. Sometimes I randomly get extremely chapped lips and I think it might be because of allergies. Try taking Benedryl, it might help.

4) If truly nothing works, you'll need to go to the dermatologist. He might be able to run some allergy tests and assess your condition.

Source(s):

Chapped lip experience
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • waffs. answered 5 years ago
    using lip stuff too much can dry out your lips more, so put it on only when you can actually feel your lips being dry. Also, this may sound gross, but mix olive oil and sugar together and put it on your lips every night. the sugar acts like a scrub so it removes dead skin, and the olive oil keeps too much moister from getting on your lip, because its more dense than water.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Shelbell answered 5 years ago
    I have the same problem that you have. The best lip balm that I have found is Soft Lips. I have tried everyone out there and this one is truly the best. I keep one everywhere just like you do.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • loving my life<3 answered 5 years ago
    Mmm water helps.. also if you're using cheap chap stick, that may be adding to your problem!

I recommend Blistex! Its very moisturizing.. And only 1.25 or so a stick..

Also Burts Bees is REALLY good.. but its more expensive.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • suzyq774 answered 5 years ago
    Over usage of lip balms can actually make your lips more dry. I use Carmex at every night before I go to bed. It helps alot. I can tell a huge difference when I forget to. You can also try to exfoliate your lips with a soft toothbrush before applying a lip moisturizer. Hope this helps!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Kelsey H answered 5 years ago
    drink more water
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • dnycomp answered 5 years ago
    always drink at least 8 glasses of water a day...keeps you hydrated..
    if you want instant solution, Vaseline...:)
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Absolute answered 5 years ago
    I can help u wit that ;-D
    • 1
    • Comment
  • yournotalone answered 5 years ago
    drink more water..
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Pessimistic09 answered 5 years ago
    Your probably not drinking enough water.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Dani California answered 5 years ago
    Um. Go see a dermatoligist?
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    Drink water as much as you can.

If the problem still persists then $-U-C-K my d-i-c-k so you`d feel some
    freshness because my d-i-c-k is so soft and when you`ll
    s-u-c-k it i`ll leave my d-i-c-k`s money in your mouth .
    • 1
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock