Leslie asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Period is a month late?

I'm 15 and a total virgin. The thought of being pregnant, wouldn't even cross my mind.

I started my period when I was 14 [I'm very nearly 16 now]

and usually the cycles are regular. I had my last period middle of February, by my calendar I should have been due around the 12th March. Here we are, 25th March and still no sign. The only thing that tells me it might be coming is that my breasts are rather tender, that usually happens when I'm about to come on - and I break out in spots. But why the heck is it so late?!

Thank you, it's all helped!

My mind is at ease now, so thank you to those who helped. Come to think of it, I have for the past 4 weeks, been involved in a streetdance class every week, obviously I'm exercising more than usual, so that is probably the reason. Thanks again :)

Favorite Answer

When people are young, periods tend to be irregular.

If you haven't been on your period for more than two years, then it's normal. It takes up to two years for your period to become predictable and normal in terms of the times when it comes, and the flow. So I wouldn't be too concerned.

Hope this helps.

It's probably coming since your breasts are starting to hurt.

Don't worry about it though, it's normal.

xo

It's regular for your period to be irregular for the first few years. If your a virgin, you don't have anything to worry about. If you feel anxious you can still visit your doctor and just get a check up and make sure everything is in working order. If your stressed or not eating properly it can also cause a missed period.

if you changed your diet or excercise routine it can affect your period, so that may be a reason. Otherwise its pretty normal for your period to get a little out of synch once in a while for no good reason.