how to steam sea scallops?

i have frozen sea scallops and would like to know an easy way to make them without a lot of seasoning. i've tried it before but it tasted like rubber so i know i didn't do something right. i know people will suggest fresh scallops but the only at this time i can get ahold of is frozen so help plz i will gladly appreciate it

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Don't steam them, saute them. Thaw them out first, then saute them very quickly in butter and olive oil.

Dust 1/2 to 1 pound of sea scallops, thawed, in flour, just to coat them, and dry out the outsides. Chop one bunch of green onions, including the green parts. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil, and two tablespoons of unsalted butter, almost to the smoking point in a wok or skillet. toss in the onions, and saute for thirty or forty seconds, till they smell good. Keeping the heat on high, toss in the scallops, and just brown them on all sides, by constant agitation of the skillet.

When the scallops are slightly browned, add two heaping tablespoons of sour cream, and stir with a wooden spoon until all scallops are well coated. Serve over steamed rice or noodles of your choice. 3 to 4 minutes total cook time.

Source(s): Experience
  • muench
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Steamed Scallops

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

how to steam sea scallops?

i have frozen sea scallops and would like to know an easy way to make them without a lot of seasoning. i've tried it before but it tasted like rubber so i know i didn't do something right. i know people will suggest fresh scallops but the only at this time i can get ahold of is frozen so...

Source(s): steam sea scallops: https://tr.im/ODeMX
  • 1 decade ago

If they were rubbery, it means you overcooked them.

But here's another approach that is sooooooo good:

Wrap each scallop in half a slice of uncooked bacon and secure with a toothpick or thread them onto bamboo skewers. A few minutes on each side under the broiler and you have delicious scallops!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

by adding a lot of citrus flavors, it "cooks' the scallops or any seafood much better. This recipe sounds awesome and looks simple too. Instead of creme fraiche you can also use sour cream, too.

• Jane
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Steaming them will give you little rubber balls. Saute them, bake them, deep fry them. Lemon, pepper and garlic are your friends.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.