Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Tom Morello, Dimebag Darrell, Kerry King: Who is the better guitarist? WHo is the worst?

Justify why you chose ** fas best, and why you chose ** as worst.

Thank you.

I think Tom Morello is the most creative and original (and Rage Against the machine is my favorite band), but I do, however, think that Dimebag Darrell is more talented and a faster, thrashier guitarist. I don't see why Solayer is so hyped up, though. I'm not saying they're bad. I think each member has talent, but DIme could blow King and Hanneman away. I think SLayer plays faster than Pantera, but Pantera doesn;t half-asss their music and is consistent in retaining a good, high-quality album.

Also, there is a new music duo out called One Day As a Lion. They consist of a vocalist/keyboardist and a drummer. They have recycled and vey simple riffs and not much variety, They released a 5 song EP recently and probably won't release any more.

What do you think.

What would work better?

Drums and...

vocals/guitar

or vocals/keyboard?

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I like your point.

Tom is very creative

and

Dimebag is more talented.

and

Kerry is faster.

but in my opinion I think Tom for the win because he is very original and creative.Like a lot of sound effects with just five,six, or seven pedals.A lot of guitar players hate feedback but Tom uses it for his advantage and makes masterpiece out of it. Like in Sleep Now in the Fire.But, Dime and Kerry, in my opinion are the most talented.

I LOVE all three so its hard to say who is "worst".

Best- Dimebag Darrell is the best, in my opinion, not only because of the superior shred, speed etc, but more inportantly because of the emotion and feel that goes into all of his music. It is really easy to understand why he did what he did. His music had meaning and he was passionate about it. It also is some of the best to listen to. He also invented many styles and because of that, no one could ever duplictae Dime. RIP

Kerry King I love but he is not quite on Dime's level. He is a GREAT rhythm guitarist along with Jeff but his solos seem to lack technique and flow. They seem sometimes to be a mess of Tremolo and speed and all that. He does have that feel I touched on earlier however. Kerry King is different in the way that I feel he could be Duplicated. Its not hard to Do Kerry King

Worst (Unfortunately because he's great)- Tom Morello. I think this is more of a personal thing for me because he isnt exactly pat of my favorite genres. He is probably the most innovative and creative technical guitarist ever but thats just not what its all about. You should be able to make great music thats raw and emotional without loads of effects and standing up like a robot like he does. He is great though.

I think Kerry King is the better of those guitarists. His solos are ridiculous and there are few who can play faster. I guess I've just never been a big Pantera/Dimebag fan. Rage is OK but Tom Morelo doesn't belong in the same category as the other two.

• Lynn

I like em both but truth be told I'm a much bigger RATM fan that I am a Pantera fan. But Dimebag's got the skill on this one. Morello's cool but dont get blinded so much by cheesy effects.. thats a custom guitar hes got and the stuff he does isnt really possible on most guitars.

Dime bag

Buckethead

• Layne

Tom Morrello - easily the most unique

Dimebag - pure awesomeness, lol, my personal favorite out of these

Kerry King - good, but repititave

Better singer-Cristina Scabbia of "Lacuna Coil."

Drums-David Grohl of "The Foo Fighters" and "Nirvana" and "Queens of the Stone Age."

Guitarist-Dude, there are thousands of great and amazing guitarists.Its hard to chose just one.But my favorites are Slash of "Guns N Roses" and Synester Gates of "Avenged Sevenfold."

Synyster Gates and

Alexi Laiho

Okay, Okay a guitarist that we can all agree on

Angus Young#1

stevie ray vaugn and dick dale are my favorite guitarist