Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

POLL: Does American Idol dwell too much on looks?

I totally think so. Because they never forget to mention "oh you look stunning!" or "oh what's up with your pants?" and isn't American Idol about singing? Not looking fabulous??

***star*** if you agree

Update:

LOL!! Remember Sanjaya?? LOL You totally made me laugh today!!

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Love2B
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I seriously think that it shouldn't be a TV show but a radio show ... then we are judging the voices and the voices alone, not the looks– I think in this way it would be totally fair.

Best of Wishes

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

i do agree, but in a sense they do have to look for the whole package. Vocals of course are the most important, but they haev to have other things in order to have star quality. Such as looks, in addition to, personality, charm, charisma, and be somewhat good at interviews. If they focused soley on vocals, im sure there would be much different people on the show, but they need someone who can handle themself if they win after the show too.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No! Remember Sanjaya?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Agreed. Plus Simon is hideous, did you watch the try outs? He was always tryna keep the hot girls in.

Example: This girl is totally gorgeous but cannot sing for her life.

Simon " Its a yes for me. "

Randy " Simon, there are many other people out there also."

Simon "But i see something in her"

You see a hot girl yeah, theres no voice though lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Star.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes! I remember an episode from years ago, this girl had a great voice but Simon told her she was too overweight.

Tears were falling from her face and she said, "I know. I'm a big girl."

How freakin' sad.

Source(s): f*ck society!
  • 1 decade ago

I know, Simon and Kara are such ***es about how people look. I'm a bigger girl, and I can just imagine them talking **** about me even if I can sing well...whatever that shows running into the ground anyway....

• Star i agree

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Every talent contest dwells on looks these days

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If some ugly, overweight dude who sung like heaven went there, they wouldn't let him on. They wouldn't even let some butt ugly girl on. Im like, "Your kidding me, you know maybe you dont like my dress, but how does that freaken have to do with my singing, if your commenting my dress, then how were you listening to my singing?"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.