Alice asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Walking dogs/cleaning up their business?

Hopefully I will be getting a puginese in the next 2 weeks. Now I did my research, and websites I've looked at state that both the pug and pekingese are apartment dogs and do not require a lot of exercise. But my mom said that she's gonna make me walk the dog every morning before school, and after school. Is walking the dog in the morning really nesesscary though?

Also, I kinda get a little squeamish about dog's 'business.' Is there any way I can clean up her business without feeling squeamish when she does her business?

P.S. I also need help picking out a name! All of the ones that I like, my mom doesn't, so I need help! I'm really into music(rock, alternative, hip hop) and disney movies(I liked the names alice and ariel, but my mom didn't, so them names are out).

Favorite Answer

yes, you need to walk your dog twice a day. at least till you get the pattern. if after a month, your dog seems exhausted after the 2nd walk, then you only need to walk once a day.

as far as poop goes, you can buy a pooper scooper at the pet store. it's like a dust pan with a long handle.

both the pug and the pekingese are good dogs to keep in an apartment as long as they get sufficient exercise, i would recommend that you take them for a walk in the morning as 1-the exercise wont hurt her and 2- she gets to do her business.

when you did your research you should of realized that having a dog comes with a lot of responsibility including cleaning up their business, if you were not really willing to do this then should not have a dog as any responsible dog owner would not be bothered by doing this.

Source(s): personal experiance

Yes its necessary. Don't get a dog if you can't be responsible for it and that includes picking up after it. You can be fined if you are caught not doing so and I am pretty sure your mother would not be happy with that.

Secondly its just dog crap and if the thought of picking it up makes you squeamish what are you going to do when you have to pay attention to her crap when she is on worming meds? Or when she decides to EAT her own crap? Or when she vomits and wants to eat what she just horked up?

Owning a dog is not all cuteness and fun.

of course you need to walk the dog twice a day. in fact, you really should walk small dogs 4 times a day, because it runs through their system faster and they are NOT good at holding it. if you have a dog, you really should get used to not getting squeamish, but i appreciate you're ready to pick up after it. i suggest, if you have a backyard, do a once weekly pick up, so you only get squeamish once a week. if not, get a pooper scooper shovel, so you're not touching it even through the plastic bag.

names... idk, something funny like elvis. i love when little dogs are named after, ex., lil wayne or weezy, tupac, kanye, etc. something funny like that

good luck:)

Source(s): experience

i think of you're looking in the incorrect place. What i think of you're searching for for is what author Tim Ferris refers to as a "muse". only placed a muse is an computerized, scalable business company shape that relies upon on outsourced infrastructure and workers and only demands minimum enter from you which of them is composed of reviewing precise reporting out of your outsourced workers. too plenty to circulate into, the e book is named "The 4-hour artwork week" and on an identical time as the identify is cheesy, which became based off of a try advertising technique that he explains in the e book, it is not only a how-to that's a a thank you to no longer handbook for everybody seeking to flee the deffered life plan and stay. replaced my life, and that i pretty propose which you study it till now you commence any of those ventures. stable success and do not forget to stay in case you're development your new undertaking, you are able to no longer get that lower back.

YES, walking the dog is necessary. If you aren't committed to it, dont get the dog.

And fyi, it's just dog poop. It wont hurt you. Get some biodegradable potty bags and pick it up! It's your responsibility as a dog owner!!!!!

And please refrain from calling your mutt some stupid designer dog name. It makes you sound uneducated and uninformed.

I sure hope you are adopting your mutt and not buying it from a BYB...

Kid get a stuffed dog since you are apparently clueless. Your Mother is paying big bucks for a Puppy Mill mutt that you will not take care of