promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

I need help on this Geometric proof, can you help me?

Givens: AD=AE

m<B = m<C

Prove: CE=BD

Diagram: http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t34/polishman06...

i need help, i just froze up while doing it, i forgot everything my teacher told me to do

Update:

if u could explain step by step i would really apprecate it

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Consider triangles ABD and ACE

<B = < C Given

<A common

<ADB = <AEC third angle of triangle

Therefore triangles are .................

So AB = AC

AE + BE = AD + DC

But AE = AD given

Therefore

........................ you fill in the missing parts

Geometry is not true, it is advantageous. ~Henri Poincaré

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • posas
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Many scholars conflict plenty with geometric proofs because of the fact they are not waiting for such activities. Proving geometric theorems calls for an in-intensity know-how of different definitions, postulates, residences of actual numbers and equations, and theorems. "know-how" would not recommend "memorizing" scholars tend to memorize definitions, postulates, and theorems without rather know-how what they're memorizing. MEMORIZATION is the poorest way of analyzing geometry: particularly, a student could desire to attempt to state each and every definition, postulate, and theorem in his/her very own phrases. If he/she would be in a position to try this, then a student could have won one million/2 the conflict in proving geometric theorems. No student can in all hazard use a definition, postulate, or theorem, in a data if he/she isn't responsive to any such definition, postulate or theorem and its which skill. finally, a student shouldn't assume to be reliable in proving theorems if he/she has in user-friendly terms paintings out a number of the assignments given by using their instructors. very few scholars could circulate out of a thank you to challenge themselves by using attempting different issues not in user-friendly terms from their textbook yet from different assets besides. this is the actual mark of a student severe in learning geometric proving. This activity, although, is actual mentioned than completed. It calls for a variety of of endurance, perseverance, and dedication on the component to a student. teddy bohy

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.