Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingPain & Pain Management · 1 decade ago

Do I need an extra pillow?

Some people say that it's better to sleep on your bed flat, whereas some put extra cushions under their head. Which is actually good for you?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Apparently, more than one pillow could hurt your neck and your back, though I use one normal sized pillow, and a small, very light soft one also. Otherwise, it seems as if my mattress is a long way down.

Really, it's whatever feels comfy to you, though one little one as well won't hurt. ;)

• 1 decade ago

Not sure about when supine, but when on one's side, my chiropractor told me that the head tipped slightly down is usually best. I've adjusted the height of my pillow by using two layers of a cut-up closed-cell camping mat in a spare pillowcase underneath my one pillow.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I use a feather pillow and make sure my neck is the most supported. I've tried to use multiple pillows, but I always ended up with a sore neck.

• 1 decade ago

It depends what position you sleep in.

On your back you need like two pillows, on your side your need 1 and a half and on your front, you need one.

I read about these pillows that are made especially for how you sleep; they come in all different sizes to suit how you sleep.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If you have soft bed, pillows are not necessary under your head but you may use something not so thick/high cuz it's not good for your spine.

• 1 decade ago

I just have one pillow any more and it bothers my head and less and its just weird... keep in mind your pillow shouldn't be really big! Having a big pillow could hurt your neck

• Sal*UK
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Frankly whichever works best for you! I like three pillows to start with but end up with just one by morning!

• 1 decade ago

it is better to sleep with only one pillow under your head and make sure that its soft and not hrad like a rock.....if you have one or two thats ok...but it snot all the time good to sleep flat

• 1 decade ago

Where's the pain.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.