Why do you like Obama?

So I've just started getting into politics, and I've heard plenty of reasons why NOT to like Obama, but when people say they support him they never say why (the answer is usually he's handsome...).

So if you could tell me some of the reasons you like Obama (what issues you agree with and why) that would be great!

Oh and please no "just because answers"

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I like his policies.

His policies are:

1. Signed orders closing Guantanamo Bay detention center in one year.

2. Outlawed our policy of torture, extraordinary rendition and secret CIA prisons outside the US

3. Signed (compromised) stimulus package

4. Working with EPA on mandatory emissions regulations

5. Urging automakers to increase mpg

6. Lowering limits for mercury and lead in air/water

7. Added 4 million children to c-chips health care program

8. Created stringent lobbying restrictions

9. Eliminated practice of illegal signing statements, seeking to reverse all of Bush's.

10. Opened up Stem Cell Research.

11. Stopped Bush's coastal oil drilling plan

12. Signed order to withdrawal combat troops from Iraq within 16 months

13. Instituted Wage freeze on those making 100k plus on whitehouse staff.

14. Reversed executive orders Bush did in his final week, like taking wolves off endangered species list.

15. Agreed that Blackwater must leave Iraq and will contract with them again.

16. New restrictions on lobbyists

17. Agreed with Iraqi government to stop using Blackwell security.

18. Signed Housing plan, subsidized high interest rates, ward off foreclosures, 2b for Fannie Mae and Mac, prevents 9 million from loosing homes.

19. Treaty to reduce Mercury emissions.

20. Ended federal raids on marijuana clubs

21. Gates allows photos of coffins if family oks it.

22. Expects to raise 15 billion from new emissions cap and trading system.

23. reinstate the assault weapons ban

24. Reverses Bush rule on changes on endangered species.

25. Established some diplomatic ties with Syria

26. Established principle of Palestinian state

27. Prohibits most no-bid contracts, reduces outside contracting in military.

28. Formed Woman and Girls committee to make sure policies are consistent with equality goals for women and girls.

29. signed 800 B Stimulus Package

30. signed 410 emergency stop gap spending bill

31. Signed 700 b bailout bill.

He does not let lobbyists buy out his ideals, he believes in global warming, he is pro choice and wants stem cell research( which he has already done something about) and he cares about the greater good. He believes that the rich should not be given more because they are rich, something Bush and McCain believed.

Most importantly he wants to help people who don't have a lot of money, the middle class, who actually needs help. He is also smart. He knows how to use a computer, and he believes in the future of the internet. Also he speaks so well, it is easy to follow him, and it makes him a lot more credible. Bush was not the best speaker, and McCain was pretty much a reincarnated bush. Not to mention Sarah Palin was probably the worst thing to ever happen upon the Republican party. I think Obama would not have won by so much if McCain had picked an intelligent vice president. I'm glad he did because I have been rooting for Obama since the primaries.

Oh and did I mention Obama is hawt?

• kejjer

I don't like Obama's policies.

But if I had to pick one thing he can do better than most anybody else --is he is a great public orator.

He sounds like a Southern Baptist preacher when he gives a speech--Minus the fire and brimstone.

But he is definitely the best politician that can stand up and talk for 30 minutes without really saying or committing to anything.

Source(s): That thing on my shoulders

There are so many reason.

That a guy as corrupt as he, with as little integrity as he has can convince so many people he's a good guy could get elected shows how good a con artist he is.

That a guy that unqualified, that incompetent, that utterly clueless about every area of presidential responsibility can be elected shows how good a con artist he is.

That a guy can ravage our economy, put millions of Americans out of work, use our tax money to enrich his friends and political supporters and still be able to convince people that he cares about the well being of the country.. shows how good of a con artist he is.

Con artists make good presidents.. right? He can fool the economy into doing better.. I'm sure of it.

• He is the president of the country that I call home. For that he deserves respect and a chance to carry out his campaign promises. I am not a Democrat or Republican and did not vote for Obama but he is the president and deserves our respect until or unless he does like the previous president and tramples on the Constitution or like Nixon and breaks the law (both of whom were Republicans).

As usual, instead of any legitimate reason to like B Hussein you get Bush bashing LOL LOL LOL

I like Bo as he has shown that himself and his liberal buddy haven't did anything but put us so far in debt we will all be dead before it payed> sold you guys out that believe in him>

He is an eloquent speaker. Chic dig smooth talkers.

I can't stand the socialistic idiot and the way he is killing this economy and everything he touches, HOWEVER,

I agree with his stance on teachers and rewarding those that do well and get rid of those that don't....it's almost like.......he's a republican!

I like Obama because he is being very proactive in attempting to resolve the problems the country is facing (economy, Mexican drug cartels, etc.)

Sometimes we don't always agree with somebody, but when they are at least attempting to do something about it, that counts for something.