Scrunching Hair Problems?

Whenever I take a shower and my hair is damp or wet I always scrunch it with my hands and it looks very cute. But I try putting hair gel in my wet hair and scrunching it then allowing it to air dry on its own but the look doesn't stay. My hair is naturally curly and wavy but I can't seem to get my hair to keep that scrunched style. Even with gel. Once my hair dries completely it doesn't keep that look. I've seen people with their hair scrunched and they've got it to stay and still look that way after a day. Idk why hair gel doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions? anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I had this same problem. I use moose. This is what I do and it stays curly and neat all day. When you get out of the shower, brush your hair really good. After that put all your hair to one side, then scrunch it with a lot of moose. Then you should hair spray it. :]

The gel is probably weighing down your hair causing it to dry straight.

Try putting the gel in your hair, and then blow drying it on ow while doing to scrunching motion.

It should do the trick.

i have naturally wavy hair as well and i use mousse. after i get out of the shower, i put garnier leave in conditioner, then i mousse it up (scrunch) and either let it air dry or use my diffuser (creates more wave and curl)

EDIT: the mousse i use is pantene (works great)

hair gel seems to weigh my hair down and it seems that's what it's doing to you. also, is your hair all one length? i've found that getting long layers on my wavy hair lifts the weight and gives me more volume and bounce. good luck!!! :)