Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

How much would a C-section delivery cost in Ohio?

I might be with my husband in USA by the time of my expected date of delivery. I was hoping to have a C-section since i freak out from episiotomy. Anyone has an idea how much would that cost in a state like Ohio-columbus, if i am going to a good hospital, maybe the university hospital.

Thanks

Best Answer

I hope you don't freak out too bad. But unless you are having a high risk pregnancy and there are going to be problems that you can't have a natural birth. Most doctors will not give you a c-section unless there are problems. You are probably going to have to deliver naturally. Good luck to you.

I live in Ohio about 25 miles south of Columbus. I hear commercials on tv all the time about Riverside Methodist Hospital. It sounds like a good hospital. I had my colposcopy there and the nurses are really nice. There are other hospital like the University, and St Anne's. I have heard good things from both of them. My cousin delivered at St. Anne's and she had a good experience there. Hope you find the right one.

I'm not sure where you are from, but here in the US you can't choose to have a c-section, it is a major surgery reserved for medical conditions and emergencies...but you can choose to not have an episiotomy.

You don't HAVE to have an episiotomy. Just tell them you don't want it.

assuming there are no complications the surgery plus hospital stay would be around 10k