Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

I'm writing a paper on how the U.S. has not dealt with corruption in the government well in its history...?

It's a basic introduction, three supporting groups of paragraphs, and a conclusion. So far, this is the current outline..

A. Corruption always has been present since the birth of America

1. Examples of corruption from early 1700's to 2009 such as Sarah Palin and the Teapot Dome scandal

B. There has been corruption in all offices

1. Watergate scandal

2. Other examples where people in government positions abused their power, like senators or congressmen or mayors.

C. I still don't have a third one..

May I please know some good sources to find evidence to support my points and a good third point? Examples would be appreciated ^^

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1) What about a paragraph on public complacency with corruption. For example, sometimes politicians are re-elected while they're in jail. And there's that famous saying -- considered to be a very merry joke and all too true -- "Vote early and often."

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,9...

2) Or you could write about the ineffectual struggle to stamp out corruption -- Senate Committees that just fade away, anti-corruption campaigns that do not succeed in getting their candidate elected, etc.

3) Or you could compare the relative mildness and low impact of US government corruption to that of other countries, where every transaction at City Hall has to be accompanied by a bribe, where every police officer expects a bribe, where every single one of the government officials, judges, etc is owned and operated by drug lords, or where every dollar in foreign aid is shifted to the Top Man's Swiss bank account.

4) Or you can write about the effects of government corruption, where citizens are afraid to complain about criminals such as the KKK or the Mafia because the police are secretly in on it; or where vice is allowed to flourish because the police are on the take.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.