promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What makes a board game fun?

I need to know this so i can make a fun board game for a project i have to do.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

board game are really fun if you play them with a large group of people. especially playing them with your friends =D

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are a lot of things that make a board game fun.

The first thing, and to me, one of the most important things is repeated playability. People want to get a good gaming experience everytime they play, but they don't want to play the same game every time either. This is why games come with so many variables (different spaces to land on, so many cards with different sayings on them, dice that can give you multiple outcomes, etc). If a game plays the exact same, with nothing new, people will become bored after the first game and will not be willing to play the game again.

Another thing that makes a board game fun is a fun concept. Pick a concept that people are interested in. If it's for a school project, then the subject, like statistics or geometry might not seem like fun to people who are not forced to play the game, so it's up to you to find a way to make the game fun. Using movers that are different shapes, sizes, colors, or characters can help motivate people to want to play to be their favorite piece or color, using a board full of fun graphics can help entice people to keep playing, and a good concept will keep people coming back to your game time and time again.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What makes a board game fun?

I need to know this so i can make a fun board game for a project i have to do.

Source(s): board game fun: https://shortly.im/Rwryz
  • 1 decade ago

People like to make other players suffer during board games. Nothing puts a smile on someones face more than sending someone back to go in the game Sorry or having someone land on your property with a hotel in Monopoly.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It depends on the individual, so there are a number of correct answers. Children might like the fun factor, while adults may like social aspects or realism or historical aspects (like in some war games). I think a common underpinning that marks a successful board game, however, is replayability. In other words, once you've played the game, how likely are you to play it again instead of warehousing it in the basement or attic?

• Linda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Balderdash and Wise or Otherwise They are both really funny!! Razzle or Boggle Razzle is old i dont know if they even still sell it but it's VERY easy to set up and still really fun. Boggle is harder to set up, but i love word games. Compatability I don't know if they still sell this either,we got it a long time ago. I don't know why i like it......its really funny too but not nearly as much as the first two....

• 1 decade ago

I answered another question like this JUST a second ago and I told them something else but this is a better idea!--

Have Many Colors! Just to make it stand out!

Have up to 3-8 People

Have many Jails or things like ---You Have landed here now go to the jail and wait for your 300 dollar bail (SKIP A TURN!)

=]=]=]

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

when you play a board game with many peoplemakes it fun

:)

• 1 decade ago

A good combination of the following:

- Trivia

- Luck

- Easy to learn

- Strategy

wikipedia has a good article on Board games

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Board_game)

• 1 decade ago

Make it fun by playing with a group of friends

add hard questions and make it challenging.

It's a lot of fun and hopefully you'll like it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.