Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Nice guys finish last?

I really do like this girl, but sometimes i feel that I'm being too nice. we're both in high school, but i don't really want to be a jerk to her. Nice guys seem to be just very good friends, but if i want to be more than that, how can i be more of...a jerk?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nice guys don't finish last. That's a common misconception.

The ones that finish last are the ones that have major flaws and many not so nice guys don't have major flaws, so...

The nice guy says, "I should be like him so i can get the chicks."

The key to being more than friends is to make a move before you get stuck in the friend zone. Once you're in there, it'll be a while till you can get out. What made you be a friend to her has a lot to do with your niceness, i would think.

You stop being nice and she wont like you as much but anyways what you got to do is let her know you want more and that you hope it's at least a possibility instead of her just ruling it out completely. You do that, and you should be golden.

Whatever you do, don't be someone else.

Source(s): I think i'm one of those nice guys.
  • 1 decade ago

Ahh the age old question of do nice guys finish last, I know exactly how you feel. And trust me you are not alone. But the easiest way to let this girl know that you like her is to not be a jerk, and just sit her down and tell her your true feelings, because you shouldn't have to change who you are in order to get the girl you want. If she will only like you if you become a jerk towards her then obviously she is not the right one for you. Remember no matter what the situation is in life never and i mean never change who you are as a person. Because in the end would you want someone to be in love with someone who you are pretending to be or just you. It may suck to be nice and not have girls think of you as more as a friend but that's why you need to let them know that you are interested and trust me in the long run you will be A okay!

• 1 decade ago

Okay, it's not that girls always likes jerks.

Just look at that guy. What does he have?

Confidence. Don't be a tool, okay? And don't be arrogant.

It's all about balance.

Don't be needy. Play it cool, joke around, have fun.

Women want to have fun, just like guys.

Don't be too available. Have your own friends and your own life. If she doesn't see how great you are, then go find someone else who does.

Tell her how you feel! Just ask her out! Don't get stuck in the friend zone unless you really want to be just her friend. If you can handle being just a friend, then it's okay, but if you really like her, you should go for it. I know rejection hurts, but if she likes you, she likes you. If she doesn't, at least you didn't waste your time waiting for her. Breaking up a close friendship later is going to more painful for both of you. If you get rejected, don't be a jerk about it. If you can still be her friend, then hang out sometimes. If it's weird, then just distance yourself slowly.

There are plenty of cute, sweet, nice girls that don't get asked out too.

How many guys do you know with crazy girlfriends (or ex-girlfriends) who live for drama? People are crazy when they fall in love; we all become masochists.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

watch the movie Magnolia. Listen carefully to what Tom Cruise says.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

nice guys do finish last, that **** ****** sucks. but dont worry. you will eventually find the girl that you deserve. thats what happened to me. now im happier then ever

• 1 decade ago

Flirt... don't be a jerk then she will just hate you

• 1 decade ago

Don't be a jerk to her. Just act more casual, "'Sup". Rather than "Hello."

• 1 decade ago

yea pal nice guys do finish last. its sad but what can we do about it.

• Crabby
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

remember - key work Flirt... & then ignore her for some time... then repeat cycle

• 1 decade ago

haha try to make her mad at you in a fun way

like trying to tease her

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.