why did hitler hate slavs ?

although he did not fit his ideal image of ubermenschen, he hated all others who didnt too. since many slavs are ''aryan''(blue eyes and blond) why did he hate them so much? how does it make sense ...

and ..there are some jews who are white, blond and blue eyed, does that make them aryan?

Update:

okay....why does everyone keep telling me he didnt have blue eyes and blond hair, i already mentioned that...

is a jew that fit this description considered aryan?:S

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The image of the Aryan man is a myth. Made up by Nazis to fit their agenda.

Hitler hated the Slavs because he considered them to be non-humans. He had special hate for Poles. During and after the middle ages the Jews had more rights and were treated much better in Poland than the rest of Europe. Hitler said that the two groups had "interbred to the point that it was hard to distinguish between them". Most of the laws pertaining to Jews also applied to Poles and most Slavs. Like Jews Poles could not be shown any act of kindness this included giving food, drink or cigerettes to one. Education was prohibited, health care denied, birth records etc distroyed. Since Poles were not human so they did not need records. Slavs were to be a race of "sub-human slaves" for the Reich. Half of all the Poles killed in death camps were non Jews.

Even with all this said the late in the war Nazis would go into Poland and look for children that fit their profile. They would measure their skulls and if they fit a profile they would be seized from their parents and set to Germany where they would be raised as orphans of German parents.

Source(s): Polish, family members were victim of Auschwitz.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • monlyn
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Hitler Slavs

• June
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

According to the Nazi racial purity chart. Slavs were just above the Jews. They were to be treated with hostility, but they weren't the worst as Jews according to Nazi philosophy. The SS on the other hand is only reserved for Aryans Only, the "purist" of races. Above the Slavics were Africans and it leads all the up to Germans and finally Ayrans. I do not know where Asians would fit in the chart. The Germans did realize they needed locals who knew the place well and needed some temporary allies to help assist and move about the area. They also needed Jew Hunters. So in return, they gave some Slavics power of the Elite SS. I Personally believe if time continued, Henirich Himmler, head of the SS, would purge them when the Slavics would prove no more use to the Germans. Here's is my chart Aryans Germans Austrians (Hitler was Austrian) ???? ???? ???? Africans (Were treated like regular citizens, they joined and served the German army but could not join the SS. There were instances of racial hate towards them. The Most famous is the Berlin Olympics when Jesse Owens of the USA debunked Hitler's attempts to prove to the world racial superiority is true) ??? ??? ??? Roma (Gypsies) Slavics & Russians Jews

• 3 years ago

You are all wrong. Hitler was interested in saving the best of the humanity from sub-humanism that the rest of mankind suffered from, as a disease infection. The Slavs had settled into the Germanic territory. Hitler foresaw the hordes of sub-humans would outnumber the fewer true European tribes. The Aryans were considered the least blood mixed and counted to be most fit to rule the lesser. Any noble minded person could credit the efforts against communism and decadent capitalism in pursuit of saving higher races. In that regard, is the lower races to rule the higher? You have no senses of true intelligence to choose to be ruled by lower organisms.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Matrix
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He felt that they were racially inferior. Not to mention the fact that he hated Communism with a passion. These two factors combined with the fact that he coveted Russia's vast fossil fuel supplies caused him to fight a war on two fronts.

A mistake I am happy that he made.

Edit: Let's clarify the whole blond haired blue eyed Aryan thing. This was a trait that was seen as a very high standard of racial purity. It does not mean that Hitler despised people who didn't have those traits, you just needed to fit the Aryan profile. Jews, Slavs, Blacks, and many others did not.

Edit @ asker: No. A Jew who fits that description would not have been considered Aryan to him. Thanks for asking a sensible question. Few and far between here.

Source(s): Had he concentrated on the UK we would possibly be living in a very different world. One of his excuses for pulling away from his UK offensive was the fact that the Anglos were more closely related to the Germans.
  • 1 decade ago

No not only is a Jew with blond hair no less a Jew in his eye....he tried to change the definition of a Jew from a religion to a racial one by claiming the false idea of "jewish blood". The Nazi (& it wasn't just Hitler)'s laws passed in the 10 years before the Holocaust claimed 1 grandparent made you a Jew even if you'd converted. This was a change in anti-semitism...now you couldn't escape. Merely being Jewish = being killed.

Jews were the prime focus of the Holocaust. The final solution was for Jews. There were a number of other groups that he considered imperfect & lesser than & also got targeted. Even allies of his like the Arabs would eventually have been targeted after they stopped being useful.

Others include: Gays, Roma, Disabled, Slavs, Political prisoners, Dissenters (such as the JWs that collectively refused to stand down).

It all makes so little sense. Even less considering his own looks (that I bring up because others have done so). However, that is one of the points. Hate doesn't make sense.

========

I'm adding a link to a very interesting expose on anti-semitism. The last pages have quotes from him, that show how much he saw Judaism itself as the problem because it brought morality with it, that would have challenged him. He needed to extend the killing of Judaism to the grandparents & the generations to come. Hence the expansion to everyone one ever connected.

It's not necessarily where i would have started with my thinking, but after years of living with the concept of anti-semitism & trying to sort it out (my dad's a survivor), it does match where I eventually wound up on my own. It all makes so little sense & screen by screen this shows that. But then gets down to the core. What's most interesting is that Hitler himself understood it better, & expressed it more clearly, than so many of us trying to understand.

http://www.aish.com/seminars/whythejews

It's not to say others don't bring important morality. Yet, somehow this does seem to be Judaism itself that's objected to. But why?

========

A couple corrections:

HITLER'S MOTHER WAS **NOT** JEWISH. That's a myth that's been proven false.

Rebecca

He didn't not set out to hate weathly Jews. His laws targeted ALL Jews. You probably don't realize, but you're repeating a part of the myth he created in order to excuse targeting Jews.

Lori

Put the point on Slavs very well. I was coming back to try to say it, but she did already.

• .x
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Well, he hated people because he was evil and crazy.

But the blond hair/blue eyes thing was not an actual requirement to be Aryan, it was just the aesthetic ideal for Aryans. Aryans/Nordic people were- Germans at the top and then most other Northern and Western Europeans (ie scandinavians, british, french, etc).

But Slavs are actually a different ethnic and linguistic group and they're basically from Eastern Europe, it wasn't really that they were too Jewish or that they weren't blond enough, they just weren't Aryan so were inferior in Hitlers eyes. The further east and south the Slavs and other groups were the more inferior they were supposed to be according to the NAZIs because they had mixed with people from Northern Africa, Middle East, Central Asia, etc.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I understand Hitler's mom was either a Jew or a Slav. Apparently she abused him as a child. Hitler was impaired with “Narcissistic Personality Disorder” and felt threatened by anyone who could be intellectually superior to him. Narcissists are very charismatic and have leadership qualities; they thrive in taking advantage of unsuspecting persons. Hitler was possessed.

• 1 decade ago

About 20 years before WW2, a Slav made a bet for 20$ with Hitler that he lost. And yet the Slav never payed the 20$. 20 years later, Hitler killed the Slavs looking for the guy who owed him twenty bucks.

• 5 years ago

"Blonde hair blue eyes" was considered inferior to the Nazis. Infact the Nazis actually killed people with blonde hair blue eyed because it meant they were slavic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.