Who writes this crap (horoscopes)?!?

Who writes horoscopes?

What exactly qualifies one to be an "astrologist"?

I'm pretty sure that flea-market psychics have enough tarot card readings to be booked till next June, so I'm ruling them out.

Do astrologists really sit around observing any actual indication of moving planets (if even a NASA update...) or is it just a load of bull?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ok first, the horoscopes you read EVERYWHERE (magazines, newspapers, tv shows, etc.) are all written probably by the same monkey (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-0CNivQWARo/R5xEyj2Zq8I/... that writes the rest of the stupid-*** articles.

Second, it's astrology not astronomy (I know that's what you said!). Astronomists are the ones observing the stars and planets. Astrologists study the relation between celestial bodies and people's personalities and other stuff.

there ya go.

You want REAL astrology? Read Aleister Crowely

• 4 years ago

i admire lencow's answer. i think of horoscopes are way too typical to truly be something different than entertainment. sometimes a prediction would extra healthful simply by fact there are typical factor warning signs and indicators for each sign, and those would 'hit homestead' on particular persons. genuine astrology is a lot distinctive from horoscopes simply by fact it takes an entire chart into attention, which includes the homes and planetary factors. playstation : do not flow away that chum superb!

• 1 decade ago

From ancient times, the Chinese have believed that certain parameters of your personality and fate were set at your moment of birth. The Chinese are not strict determinists, however, and do believe people can use the information in their charts to improve their lives. Ideally you want to maximize your accomplishments during strong periods and minimize the negative effects of weak ones.

I think Chinese writes horoscope.

http://www.onlinechineseastrology.com/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.