I HAVE TO HAVE A C-SECTION?

I'M 33 WKS AND 4 DAYS AND I HAVE TO HAVE A C-SECTION DUE TO MY LAST BABY I HAD TO HAVE A C-SECTION SO MY DR. TOLD ME THAT HE WANT ME TO HAVE ANOTHER ONE AND IT FEELS LIKE THE BIGGER I GET THE MORE THE BOTTOM OF MY BELLY HURTS IS THAT OK AND I'M KIND OF HAVEIN A FEAR OF BEING CUT AGAIN.

Best Answer

I have to have a csec this time too for the same reason. The braxton hicks hurts a lot worse then with the others and also, the muscles are still healing from your last so you will be generally in more pain then with your other pregnancy. I know this because just last week I went to the ER because I was hurting so bad, they told me it was just braxton hicks and to tough it out cause its gonna be a rough road!! Best of luck and just know that you can make it! Only a few more weeks left!

Source(s): 32-33 weeks pregnant

I don't know you or your situation, but a VBAC is usually safe. Most doctors are like yours - they'd rather schedule a c-section that takes 30 minutes than risk having you go into labor at 3am, when it is least convenient for them. They also get paid more. There is a risk of uterine rupture with a VBAC, which is really awful (resulting in death for baby and/or mother and possibly a hysterectomy). But, the chances are as low as 3%. Still, most doctors would rather not take the chance; hence, they will tell you that it needs to be cesarean.

If you really don't want to have another c-section and you want to have more babies in the future, you might want to find a doctor that is willing to deliver the baby vaginally. They monitor you and the baby very closely. I had a VBAC after 2 cesareans (which is rare, most doctors won't do it after 2), and they watched the strength of each contraction. I even had a shot at one point because the contractions were getting too strong too fast, and the shot slowed them down. Everything turned out great, and now I can deliver any future babies vaginally without much worry.

Having said that, if it turns out you are not a good candidate for VBAC and you end up getting a c-section, don't be worried. Recovery the second time around is considerably quicker. You already know what to expect, so that should make it less scary, too. They will most likely cut right on your existing scar and, once it's healed, it won't look much different than it does now.

Try not to worry too much. I hope that everything works out well, whichever way you decide to deliver!

Edit: I forgot to address your pain. I had that, too, and my doctor said it was from the scar on my uterus being stretched as it grew.

If I were you I would tell the doctor very clearly what your hopes are for this second delivery, if you want to try a vaginal birth, express that to the doc and see what your options are, if you already have and the doc feels a "c" is the best, safest option, than you should trust in them. If however, for any reason, you feel like you're being misled the other answerer is right, you can seek out other professionals who may be able to accommodate your ideal birthing plans! Best of luck to you...

Source(s): stacks and stacks of pregnancy books...:):):)

I know you must be scared of being cut again and there is such things as VBAC but Ive read alot on that and it seems very dangerous due to the risk of you uterus rupturing...so even though your scared I would just go for the c-section. Hopefully the pain will get better and remember you dont have too much longer to go!

Don't worry things will go good! I'm having my second c section in 4 weeks and I am so so excited! I have a fear of having a vaginal birth, the fear of the world looking at I'm ******** and pooping during contractions just freaks me the hell out! Just stay calm and positive and remember you will have your own memory to share with your little one when he/she gets here!!

Source(s): 35 weeks pregnant. Whoop whoop

my first baby was a c-section tooooooo....and i told my self my sec child i want a natural birth but i think the odds are another c-section....just relax and stay calm

there are hospitals, doctors, obs, midwives who do VBAC's and it's not to late to find someone if you can. They're getting more popular, and so it'll be easier to find someone who can guide you through birth and ensure it's done as gently as possible.

It is fine hun,please don't type in ALL caps,it is hard to read.Try to relax and not think about it.It will be fine.

Source(s): mom of 2 c-section babies.