A question about choirs and range?

Sorry to be asking this... I do know how annoying it is, but I have a problem in choir, and I need help! Ok, I am a mezzo-soprano, and my range is C3-G6. (Yes I know that G6 is really high, but I am a mezzo-soprano, and the G is in whistle register - actually I go into whistle at the B below soprano... show more Sorry to be asking this... I do know how annoying it is, but I have a problem in choir, and I need help!

Ok, I am a mezzo-soprano, and my range is C3-G6. (Yes I know that G6 is really high, but I am a mezzo-soprano, and the G is in whistle register - actually I go into whistle at the B below soprano C)

Anyway, in one of the choirs I am in, the director has moved me from alto to first soprano. How should I go about being moved back into alto? It isn't that I cant sing the soprano part, it is just uncomfortable. How can I deal with this (totally insane) director, I don't think she will let me go back??
Update: Thanks for all your suggestions. Today I asked to be moved back, the teacher said "oh we really need sopranos, as they are being "overpowered" and the melody isnt coming through." So I explained to her that I found it difficult to sing in that range for such a long time. She was like, is it... show more Thanks for all your suggestions. Today I asked to be moved back, the teacher said "oh we really need sopranos, as they are being "overpowered" and the melody isnt coming through." So I explained to her that I found it difficult to sing in that range for such a long time. She was like, is it really that difficult? and I say yes and mention that I find the Tenor part easier than the soprano, so she says Oh you can sing the tenor part then.
But thank god another teacher in there said that I would not be singing tenor. And I have been moved back into alto!

But now I get why I was moved... it is because there were so many altos, and only a few sopranos (and even less tenors)

The choir consists of :
6 sopranos, 9 2nd sopranos, 13 altos, 4 tenors, 12 baritones, 8 basses...
Update 2: So really my teacher is just an idiot.