so im staging and remodeling my home......?

i have a 2 bedroom 1 bath duplex condo that i will be putting up for sale this year. so i have been doing major remodeling. took up the carpets and found i have beautiful hard wood floors so decided to refurnish them.now the issue i have is that i have a black metal narrow spiral staircase leading to the basement and although they are in great condition other than some black touch up painting. i feel they need something else to compliment the rest of my house.ive heard i can add to the steps like grip strips or even wood steps laid on top of the existing metal steps.has anyone done this? if so how does it look and how much does it cost? also does anyone have any other ideas that i can do to make them stand out more and make them look more welcoming and appealing? i am on a budget but any and all suggestions are welcome thanks .

Favorite Answer

My husband and I are absolutely addicted to the show "Sell This House" on A&E Saturday mornings. They take a house that has been on the market and isn't selling and redesign & stage it so that it sells, sometimes at the end of the show! Here is the website, there are before and after photos and maybe you can get some ideas there:

http://www.aetv.com/sell-this-house/

Check out the show if you can, it is amazing! Roger Hazard is the designer and he is a genius.

• djhays

That sounds nice, I would call a contractor in your area and ask. Can't see why they can't do that. Depending on your style home you could also paint just the steps to make them stand out without the cost of the contractor. You could do some type of faux rust (that is how the iron ages). If you have the money I believe the wood would look great with your new floors. Remember you might not get some of this back, don't put too much into the home. Kitchen and curb appeal is the most important.

Source(s): Decorative arts painter--http://www.anyonecanfaux.com/

merely be you. I used to have an analogous challenge, get a activity alongside with bmx or skateboarding. positioned your headphones in and merely journey. you will meet people on the community skatepark. never no, you're able to like it. it will shop you slot and you will have somthing social to do