Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Is Tim Geithner Jewish?

Just wondering. Would be a hell of a coincidence if he is though.

Brian, why would I be an anti semite just because I am asking if Geithner is jewish? We need to get past some of the sensitivity around here, I'm nor insulting the man, i'm just curious.

I think it would be a coincidence because so many men in that industry turn out to be Jewish. I find that fascinating in itself... don't you?

Favorite Answer

Obama's Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel, is Jewish.

So is Obama's senior adviser, David Axelrod.

And there are various other Jews of lesser interest in various positions around the President and the VP.

On the other hand, there are no Jews in Obama's Cabinet. Not one.

Even George W. Bush ("none of my friends are Jewish") had a token Jew, Michael Chertoff, as the head of the Department of National Security.

What about Timothy Geithner, you might ask? Obama's Secretary of the Treasury? He is Jewish, right?

Nope. Geithner was raised Episcopalian is now a member of the United Church of Christ.

So yeah, not so much.

His middle name is Franz, for crying out loud. Makes you wonder how this Jewish rumor even got started.

Geithner is a German surname...

Source(s): A little research. Actually "Geitner Jewish" is apparently one of the most popular searches on Google! Wanting to know if someone is Jewish is called "CURIOSITY" people---NOT anti-Semitism.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is Tim Geithner Jewish?

Source(s): tim geithner jewish: https://shortly.im/MJQso

Ben Bernanke is Jewish, but Tim Geithner is not. I think he has an association with the United Church of Christ. But I don't know what that association is right off the top of my head.

I had read from some sources that Geithner is not Jewish.

My interest in Mr. Geithner is his conduct, not his religion or ethnic backround. What I want to know about him is what activities he was involved in as a President of the Federal Reserve of NY.

He's German, so you know he makes good stuff. Just use Geithner plan to soak up toxic assets with no mildew and no mess. Got bad paper? Geithner can make it disappear with no pressure added.

And there are historical reasons for why the Jews are heavily involved in banking. It goes back to the Middle Ages when Jews weren't allowed to own property, and Christians though usury was a sin, so they relied on the Jews for their loans. Jews also did a lot of craft work as well, gem cutting and the like to survive.

Tim Geithner is a member of the United Church of Christ

I always wonder whether politicians are Jewish because I cannot figure out how a Jewish person can be left wing.

This country has been the most generous country to SO Many people yet the left wing hates this country and what it stands for.

IT is truly amazing how this administration and those around Obama absolutely hate this country and I do NOT think they want the best for it

Source(s): My sources are the actions of these people. They say certain things but their actions defy what they say
    • Tim R5 years agoReport

by reading your comment, it is quite obvious you are uneducated.

I have no idea. Does it matter? Is it also a coincidence that so many men in that industry turn out NOT to be Jewish?

There was talk of it on Wikipedia but it was edited out.

I think you should worry about his connection to Goldman Sachs (just like Paulson) as well as the Council of Foreign Relations and the Group of 30.

• ICH8TE

I have no idea. I don't normally check to see what any of them are. I don't even know what Bush is. Although I think that he's Irish.