Why do women really orgasm during rape?

I have read a number of articles written by PhD's, first-hand accounts of women who've been raped, and comments on various forums like this one at Yahoo! Answers. They all seem to state that women who achieve orgasm during rape do so because a) the bodies reaction to fear is so intense that it escalates... show more I have read a number of articles written by PhD's, first-hand accounts of women who've been raped, and comments on various forums like this one at Yahoo! Answers. They all seem to state that women who achieve orgasm during rape do so because a) the bodies reaction to fear is so intense that it escalates their orgasm response or b) the rapist is able to, either because of his being in a secure environment where he has the time or because he simply is able to "last", make the female orgasm because the act lasts long enough to cause the females body to exhibit the natural "physiological response to the stimulation of a females erogenous zones".

I find this to be a bit hard to believe seeing as almost all of the women whose rapist was able to continue the act for an extended period of time was able to make the woman achieve orgasm. This is no different than a woman who can't have an orgasm during sex with their partner; a longer sexual session heightens the possibility of the female achieving orgasm.

If you take only the statistics of women who have had a rape that lasted a lengthy amount of time, those women's rate of orgasm would be very high than if you lumped all rape occurrences together where the rapist lasted only a short time.

I only bring this up because I have never met a woman who hasn't had a rape fantasy (and I understand that their are those who feel there is a difference between fantasy and reality, i.e. the female is in control of her fantasy, but she has no control during rape although I personally feel, and have many female friends who admit that if the rapist was a very attractive man that they would not only submit to his domination but would most likely orgasm because of his assertiveness and their feeling of being desired to the point of rape). Women want and desire a somewhat sophisticated (although that is a luxury) caveman who will simply drag them off by their hair and have their way with them, especially if this caveman resembles the men they fantasize about and read about in their romance novels or that they see onscreen or onstage.

So, do women really only orgasm during rape because it is an accidental response to stimulus that they are unable to control or do women inherently have some part of their biology that responds sexually to the extreme sexual advances of a domineering male, who in turn makes them feel, in some strange way, the object of his unquenchable desire.
Update: Here is a source I found on the fly. I have an M.A. and am working towards a PhD at the moment. I am not simply throwing out wild opinions with no basis in reality here. My mother was raped as was my youngest sister. I empathize with rape victims; I do not, however, look beyond rational thought brought on by... show more Here is a source I found on the fly. I have an M.A. and am working towards a PhD at the moment. I am not simply throwing out wild opinions with no basis in reality here. My mother was raped as was my youngest sister. I empathize with rape victims; I do not, however, look beyond rational thought brought on by certain evidence that proves that women, on some level, inherently desire this type of attention from the male population. For every caveman there is also a cavewoman.

Source: http://calor.hit.bg/lib/Sexual%20arousal%20and%20orgasm%20in%20subjects%20who%20experience%20forced.pdf
Update 2: By the way, if you're looking for recent academic study on this subject you'll have to get off google and yahoo and put those academic databases you're all paying your respective universities so much money to use to good use. You will find plenty of information there you won't be able to find by... show more By the way, if you're looking for recent academic study on this subject you'll have to get off google and yahoo and put those academic databases you're all paying your respective universities so much money to use to good use. You will find plenty of information there you won't be able to find by searching the web, seeing as when you search rape and orgasm together you get a number of niche porn sites in which I am sure no one here has any interest in viewing.