What is the best travel guide for children in Chicago?

Going to Chicago with the kids this summer and want to know the best places to take them. On a budget of course.

Favorite Answer

The City of Chicago website has a page for family activities. I would post the specific link but the website is down right now. Below is the city main page, look for family events. If I get the chance I'll post a more specific link

A free place is the Chicago Cultural Center at Michigan and Randolph, and Millennium Park is right across the street. There is lots of great free things to do and see between both of those.

The little ones have fun playing around the Picasso Sculpture at the Daley Center.

There is also the Chicago Children's Museum at Navy Pier, there is admission. Strolling Navy Pier and being close to the lake is nice. There are lots of shops and concessions that will have the kids begging you to get them something so I'll warn you of that. Having twin 11 year old daughters they beg us to let them do the rides regardless of how many times they've been on them. The ferris wheel is cool though as you get an audio history of the city during your ride.

Update - still not working for me but I found a second page that will help.

• golka

ok now take notes lol there are over one million activities right here allow me record a number of them! Lincoln park zoo its somewhat exciting and unfastened! Shed Aquarium The Feild Museum The museum of technologies and marketplace Millenium park-move see the bean its extensive chrome bean formed sculpture that displays the chicago skyline!! The Bukingham Fountain The River stroll The Magnificient mile on Michigan ave supply park you will see the two extensive statues of Indian cheifs on hoarses Navey Peir= the huge ferris wheel and distinct exciting carnival rides and video games it additionally has an afternoon overall performance for each of the toddlers to word they have incredible shopps too! you'll be entertained because of means of strolling around CHICAGO IS SOOO loads exciting!

well i am still kind of young .. so i would have to say navy pier ..

that place if filled with fun activities..

there are also so many museums to visit . and they all are pretty fun.